We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

How to suppress "inserting is not supported by data source..." msg

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

68835 Oct 2,2007 09:04 PM Oct 8,2007 08:25 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 1
Tags: GridGroupingControl
Ivan Siew
Asked On October 2, 2007 09:04 PM

I am using a datasource to perform the select and delete commands. But I'd like to write my own methods for insert and update. When I do that, I get the "inserting is not supported by data source..." pop-up although my method still worked.

Is there a way to suppress that?

Thanks.

Doc2.zip

Bhuvaneswari P [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 8, 2007 08:25 AM

Hi ivan ,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

To suppress this pop up please cancel the grid DataSourceControlRowAdding event. Now you can write your own methods for insert.

Code snippet:
//For insert
protected void GridGroupingControl1_DataSourceControlRowAdding(object sender, Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Grid.Grouping.GridDataSourceControlRowAddingEventArgs e)
{
e.Cancel = true;
}
//For delete
protected void GridGroupingControl1_DataSourceControlRowDeleting(object sender, Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Grid.Grouping.GridDataSourceControlRowDeleteEventArgs e)
{
e.Cancel = true;
}
//For Update
protected void GridGroupingControl1_DataSourceControlRowUpdating(object sender, Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Grid.Grouping.GridDataSourceControlRowUpdateEventArgs e)
{
e.Cancel = true;
}

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;