We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to set the default path when saving a file

Hi, I would like to know how to set the default path when we call the .save() or .saveAs() methods ? (it would be very usefull to set this path to the project path for example...) Thanks for your help Stéphane

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 2, 2003 03:25 PM UTC

Hi Stephane, Thanks for your suggestion. We have identified this as a feature request (QA# 250) and will try our best to accomodate this in our future releases. It would be possible to get around using the built-in logic for saving pretty easily. All the EditControl does is call SaveFile() from the EditData member, which in turn iterates through the lines and saves out the stream.You could simply perform this in your own save method, and perform default path logic, etc. Below would be the default implementation which could be modified to suite your needs : private void Save() { if (editControl1.CurrentFile == "Untitled.txt") { SaveAs(); } else { SaveFile(editControl1.CurrentFile); } } private void SaveAs() { if (!editControl1.HasContent) { //show custom error message return; } SaveFileDialog dlg = new SaveFileDialog(); //specify whichever filters are desired dlg.Filter = "CSharp files (*.cs)|*.cs"; dlg.FilterIndex = 1; if (dlg.ShowDialog() == DialogResult.OK) { editControl1.CurrentFile = dlg.FileName; SaveFile(editControl1.CurrentFile); } } private bool SaveFile(string fileName) { if ((fileName != null) && (fileName != string.Empty)) { try { System.IO.FileInfo fileInfo = new System.IO.FileInfo(fileName); if (fileInfo.Exists) { if ((fileInfo.Attributes & System.IO.FileAttributes.ReadOnly) == System.IO.FileAttributes.ReadOnly) { //read only - custom error message return false; } } System.IO.StreamWriter strWriter = new System.IO.StreamWriter(fileName, false, editControl1.TextEncoding); int lnLast = editControl1.Lines.Length; for (int i = 1; i < lnLast; i++) { strWriter.Write(editControl1.Lines[i-1] + "\r"); } if (editControl1.Lines[lnLast-1].Length > 0) { strWriter.Write(editControl1.Lines[lnLast-1]); } strWriter.Close(); return true; } catch (System.IO.IOException e) { //display custom error message return false; } } else { //custom error message return false; } } Hope this helps. Regards, Guru Patwal.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon