We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Exception when docking controls in batch between BeginInit / EndInit

That actually comes from:
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=68347

Sample is attached.

1) run it
2) press "No Begin/EndInit()" button
3) play with the docked windows like drag&drop, tabs selection etc
--- works fine

1) run it
2) press "Begin/EndInit()" button
3) play with the docked windows like drag&drop, tabs selection etc
--- exception

The code in the first use case is:
this.dockMgr.DockControl(this.red, this, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Bottom, 200);
this.dockMgr.DockControl(this.blue, this.red, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Right, 200); this.dockMgr.DockControl(this.black, this, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Left, 150);
this.dockMgr.DockControl(this.green, this.black, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Tabbed, 150);

The code in the second use case is:
this.dockMgr.BeginInit();
this.dockMgr.DockControl(this.red, this, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Bottom, 200); this.dockMgr.DockControl(this.blue, this.red, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Right, 200); this.dockMgr.DockControl(this.black, this, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Left, 150); this.dockMgr.DockControl(this.green, this.black, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Tabbed, 150);
this.dockMgr.EndInit();

VS2005, SyncFusion 5.2.0.25

SyncFusionPOC.zip

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 24, 2007 01:36 PM UTC

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for providing the details along with a sample. Please try initializing DockingManager component in MainForm.CS file instead of MainForm.Designer.CS

The following code demonstrates the initialization of DockingManager component.

[C#]

// Create an instance for Docking Manager
private Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager dockMgr;
this.dockMgr = new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingManager(this.components);

// Caption settings
this.dockMgr.ActiveCaptionFont = new System.Drawing.Font("Segoe UI", 12F, System.Drawing.FontStyle.Regular, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit.World);

this.dockMgr.InActiveCaptionFont = new System.Drawing.Font("Segoe UI", 12F, System.Drawing.FontStyle.Regular, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit.World);

// HostControl
this.dockMgr.HostControl = this;

// Adding CaptionButtons
this.dockMgr.CaptionButtons.Add(new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CaptionButton(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CaptionButtonType.Close, "CloseButton"));
this.dockMgr.CaptionButtons.Add(new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CaptionButton(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CaptionButtonType.Pin, "PinButton"));
this.dockMgr.CaptionButtons.Add(new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CaptionButton(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CaptionButtonType.Menu, "MenuButton"));
this.dockMgr.CaptionButtons.Add(new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CaptionButton(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CaptionButtonType.Maximize, "MaximizeButton"));
this.dockMgr.CaptionButtons.Add(new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CaptionButton(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.CaptionButtonType.Restore, "RestoreButton"));

You can also use CodeSnippet option for including the above.

Please refer modified sample and let us know if you have any other queries.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/P68414/main.htm

Regards,
Jaya

AK Andrey Kozyrev September 25, 2007 06:52 PM UTC

Hi Jaya,

Thanks for the reply - exception is gone!

Thanks,
Andrey

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 26, 2007 03:22 AM UTC

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the update.

Kindly let us know if you have any other issues.

Regards,
Jaya

DS Dave Schmid January 9, 2008 11:03 PM UTC

I think I am having this same problem, I get spurious exceptions only when I use BeginInit/EndInit. My app architecture is a bit non-standard, so I am not sure how to apply the advice given in the solution. Can you be more specific about what went wrong in the original code, and why moving the code fixed the issue? E.g., was the problem caused be being inside the SuspendLayout/ResumeLayout? Was it an ordering thing, where something had to be set before something else?

Any more information would be appreciated

Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 10, 2008 06:27 PM UTC

Hi DrProton,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Exception when docking controls between BeginInit() and EndInit()

You can also resolve this exception without initializing the DockingManager in MainForm.cs file.

Please refer the modified sample in which I have intialized UserControl in toolStripButton1_Click instead of MainForm contructor without moving the code of DockingManager initialization from Designer.cs to MainForm.cs.

Sample reference
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F68414/main.htm

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Regards,
Jaya

DS Dave Schmid January 10, 2008 07:23 PM UTC

Thanks for the response, but I think that your sample code nicely illustrates the problem that I'm having.

If I run your app and press the Begin/EndInit button, it comes up, but as soon as I grab a docking window title bar to start a drag, it throws an exception.

If I press the No Begin/EndInit button, it crashes immediately.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 17, 2008 11:27 AM UTC

Hi DrProton,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

On further analysis of this issue, we have found that docking operations should not be done while docking manager is being initialized i.e. within BeginInit and EndInit statements. Please dock the controls outside the BeginInit and EndInit statement.

Sample reference

Please refer the modified sample in the below location and let me know if you still face any issues.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F68414/main.htm

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon