We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MultiColumnComboBox and disabling dropdown

When I set a MultiColumnComboBox ReadOnly property to true, I'm still able to click the drop down button and see (lookup) values. In 4.4, I think this didn't happen.
So, I tried setting the DropDownButton.Enabled to false but I'm still able to click on the button and drop the list down.
What can I do to disable the DropDown button?

thanks,
Mark

3 Replies

AJ Ajish Syncfusion Team September 21, 2007 01:19 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

I tested this issue with our latest version 5.2.0.25. The MultiColumnComboBox enabled property seem to work as expected. It is disabled and I am unable to click on it to show the drop down. I tested it with the sample that comes along with our install found at the following location,

My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.2.0.25\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\2.0\Editors Package\MultiColumnComboBox\cs

Kindly take a look and let me know if you find any issues with it.

Regards,
Ajish.

MA Mark Atkinson September 21, 2007 11:25 PM UTC

Hi,
I don't want to disable the control itself, I just want to prohibit the drop down from working when the control's ReadOnly property is False. This seemed to be the behaviour in earlier versions, but I can understand if it was changed.

>Hi Mark,

I tested this issue with our latest version 5.2.0.25. The MultiColumnComboBox enabled property seem to work as expected. It is disabled and I am unable to click on it to show the drop down. I tested it with the sample that comes along with our install found at the following location,

My Documents\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.2.0.25\Windows\Tools.Windows\Samples\2.0\Editors Package\MultiColumnComboBox\cs

Kindly take a look and let me know if you find any issues with it.

Regards,
Ajish.

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team October 4, 2007 02:45 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

I am able to see the issue of dropdown of MultiColumnComboBox being visible on pressing the dropdown button when ReadOnly property is set to true.

The issue mentioned here is suspected to be a defect and we have sent this to our development team for more analysis. We will update you once we get back from our development team.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Golda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon