We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Programatically set a DockingWindow width when in autohide mode

If a docking window is in AutoHide mode, SetControlSize does nothing. If you pin it, then it will resize its width. How can I resize its width when in Auto Hide mode? Thanks, Jim

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 29, 2003 08:09 PM UTC

Hi Jim, The docking window cannot be resized in AutoHide mode. This behavior of docking windows is our design intent and not a bug. Please let me know if you have any specific issues about it so that we can try to accomodate it in our code. Thank you. Regards, Guru Patwal.

JC James Cline September 3, 2003 05:14 PM UTC

Yes actually, I need to be able to change the width of the slideout depending on dynamic content that the slideout may contain but without the requirement of it being pinned. What I am doing is that depending on what MDI child form is selected, the content of a slideout may change without it needing to be visible until the user "activates" the slideout. At which time, the width may need to have been set wider to better accommodate the content. > Hi Jim, > > The docking window cannot be resized in AutoHide mode. This behavior of docking windows is our design intent and not a bug. Please let me know if you have any specific issues about it so that we can try to accomodate it in our code. Thank you. > > Regards, > Guru Patwal. >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 4, 2003 06:38 PM UTC

Hi Jim, We have identified this issue as a 'feature request' and have logged a QA report (QA# 257)regarding this. We will do our very best to implement this soon and include it in our future releases. Regards, Guru Patwal.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon