We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Record.SetCurrent() bug within a Self-related GGC

Hi,
I have attached an amended Self-related grid example app that you sent to me in response to a different question: (http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=67687). I have attempted to implement a simple "search and highlight" functionality in the code whereby the code finds a given value in a given column and sets the focus to the matching row. I can easily find the row but when I attempt to set the focus to the row (using Record.SetCurrent) it does not happen. If I do this without self-relation implemented (no hierarchy) then it works fine. Is this a bug or can you provide a workaround? To see this click the "Find and Highlight" button in the attached example.

SelfRelations.zip

2 Replies

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team September 17, 2007 01:57 PM UTC

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I am able to see that Record.SetCurrent is not working as expected when self-relation is used in GridGroupingControl.

Currently I am analyzing this issue to find a workaround and will get back to you within 1 business day.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Golda

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team September 25, 2007 06:46 AM UTC

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

In order to set a record in a nested table as current, you have to expand its parent record and then set this record as current.

Here is the code snippet:

Record parent = null;
Record rec = null;
private void button5_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
foreach(Record r in gridGroupingControl2.Table.Records)
{
foreach (Record rc in r.NestedTables[0].ChildTable.Records)
{
if (rc.GetValue(column).ToString() == "CRD DS ERICSSON EUR")
{
parent = r;
rec = rc;
break;
}
}
}
parent.IsExpanded = true;
rec.SetCurrent();
}

Please refer to the modified sample that illustrates the same:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F68172/main.htm

Kindly let me know if this helps you.

We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Golda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon