We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Syncfusion Essential Studio v5.2 Final - 5.2.0.25

Hi,

The Essential Studio v5.2 Final - v5.2.0.25 is available for download.

Download link:
http://www2.syncfusion.com/installs/v5.2.0.25/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe (109 MB)

Unlock key:
If your Essential Studio license is current, you will be able to obtain the key to install this version from your account in DirectTrac. Otherwise please contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com.

Please refer the following links for the release notes and the read me.

ASP:
Release Notes:
http://www2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v5.2.0.25/asp_release_notes/ReleaseNotes.htm
Read Me:
http://www2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v5.2.0.25/asp_release_notes/ReadMe.htm

Win Forms:
Release Notes:
http://www2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v5.2.0.25/release_notes/ReleaseNotes.htm
Read Me:
http://www2.syncfusion.com/Installs/v5.2.0.25/release_notes/ReadMe.htm

Please email to salessupport@syncfusion.com for more details. Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Regards,
Nanda
Syncfusion Software

12 Replies

BS Brian Schlatter September 12, 2007 03:02 PM UTC

Nanda,

May we please get the link to the .NET Framework 1.1 link as well?

Thanks,
Brian Schlatter

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team September 13, 2007 10:26 PM UTC

Hi Brian,

I regret for the delay in getting back to you.

I have created an incident #37349 under your DirectTrac account and posted the download link there.

Please try this and let me know if you need any further details.

Note:
From the next official public release of Essential Studio, the support for 1.1 .NET Framework will not be available.

Regards,
Nanda

LX linda Xavier September 23, 2007 02:04 PM UTC

Hi,

I was evaluating your products which is really sicking...I can see your products resembles Infragistics and Aspose. Inspite of spending so much bucks for marketing,spend for building fresh products. Please convey this as my feeback and not as comment.

Thankss,
Linda

DD Dave Daniels September 24, 2007 12:14 PM UTC

>Hi,

I was evaluating your products which is really sicking...I can see your products resembles Infragistics and Aspose. Inspite of spending so much bucks for marketing,spend for building fresh products. Please convey this as my feeback and not as comment.

Thankss,
Linda

Hello Linda,

I am a customer of Syncfusion and have been for sometime now. First off, I am going to counter your supposed feedback of "sicking" which I take it you mean "sickening". I really don't know where get that. These controls are nothing like the others. I have used the others and think that Syncfusion components are by far the most flexible components available.

Second, the support has been 1000x better than the others we have tried. And yes we worked with the ones the have "I" as the first character in their name. In fact we used those for years before we found Syncfusion. I cancelled our account with the others because I found the components do everything I needed where the others said they could not.

Thanks Syncfusion and keep up the good work. (Really looking forward to the rest of the WPF components)

DVD

AS Andrew Skalkin October 18, 2007 07:16 PM UTC

Version 5.2 still sucks. I have reported 7 (!!!) different ComboBoxAdv-related critical issues with the previous version of Syncfusion... finally, after spending a man-month on those problems, we got a relatively working version. And what do I see when I install the 5.2 version (we had to install it because some other critical bugs were fixed there)? Our apps crash because of the new bugs in ComboBoxAdv! Are you guys kidding me, do you do any testing at all?

Create a dummy WinForms project, add ComboBoxAdv to the form and insert the following line after the call to InitializeComponent -

comboBoxAdv1.DataSource = new string[] { null } );

I'll report it to Direct-Trac, of course... just wanted to share my frustration. I would definitely not recommend this library to anyone - unfortunately, we're stuck with it because of the huge code base, we've been their loyal customers for five years.

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team October 22, 2007 09:25 PM UTC

Hi Andrew,

We reviewed this incident and can definitely understand your frustration. We do perform extensive testing on the library. However, there are times when bugs do get though. This issue has been rectified internally and you will obtain a service pack on the 5.2 branch shortly.

Best regards,
Daniel

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team October 23, 2007 06:25 AM UTC

Hi Andrew,

A defect report has been logged for the issue of Exception when assigning null datasource in form constructor. The direct trac incident related to this defect has been updated with this information. To facilitate tracking the progress of fix, and timely resolution we request you to follow up with this incident.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Geetha

AS Andrew Skalkin October 23, 2007 11:34 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, Geetha,

Thanks a lot for helping us out and sorry for my previous post, I know how hard it is to produce high-quality software. I have responded in Direct-Track mentioning that we use the latest (already patched :)) version 5.2.0.30.

Thanks!
Andrew

AS Andrew Skalkin October 24, 2007 09:49 PM UTC

We have found two new bugs in ComboBoxAdv... and we haven't even started regression testing yet! I have a really bad feeling about it.

One is that if the data source is null or an empty array, you can never get the text value to change. Second is that you have to set the Text value twice is you have a data source and want to make the value be not in that data source.

comboBoxAdv1.DropDownStyle = ComboBoxStyle.DropDown;

comboBoxAdv1.DataSource = new string[] { };
comboBoxAdv1.Text = "My text"; // Text is blank, should be "My text"!

string[] ds = new string[] { "Foo", "Bar" };
comboBoxAdv1.DataSource = ds;
comboBoxAdv1.Text = "Foo"; // Works
comboBoxAdv1.Text = "oops"; // Text is now blank, should be "oops"!
comboBoxAdv1.Text = "oops"; // Text is now "oops"

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team October 25, 2007 02:39 PM UTC

Hi Andrew,

Issue 1: Unable to set the Text property of ComboBoxAdv when the data source of ComboBoxAdv is null .

I am able to see this issue. You can workaround this issue by using the TextBox.Text property of ComboBoxAdv.

[C#]
comboBoxAdv2.DropDownStyle = ComboBoxStyle.DropDown;
comboBoxAdv2.DataSource = new string[] { };
comboBoxAdv2.TextBox.Text = "MyText";

Issue 2: Unable to set value that is not already in the data source to the Text property of ComboBoxAdv.

I am able to see this issue. As you have mentioned, you can workaround this issue by setting the text value more than once.

We have logged defect reports for these issues. The direct trac incident created on this regard has been updated with this information. To facilitate tracking the progress of fix, and timely resolution we request you to follow up with this incident.

Kindly let us know if you have any other concerns.

Best regards,
Golda

DW David Wier November 16, 2007 12:43 AM UTC

The one thing I have seen over and over since 4.x, is that, when you release a new version, there should be a Full Conversion Application shipped along with it. It should be able to run on a folder and convert every instance of anything that suggests Syncfusion.

So far, every time I've upgraded, I've had huge problems upgrading my apps to use the new version. The Convertresx app, I'm sure does what it can, but the references to the versions in the project file, plus others really slow me down when this happens.

If I'm missing something, please let me know. I have a Direc-Trac ticket in, with specific areas of concern, but there has been no response yet.

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team November 22, 2007 06:59 PM UTC

Hi Johnson,

We regret for the delay in getting back to you.

Could you please let me now the incident ticket number that you have generated? We will make sure that your incident would be updated by today.

Please follow the below document to upgrade to the latest version.

upgradeDocument.zip

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Ramu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon