We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

two version of syncfusion concurrently

I need to maintain two versions of Syncfusion (4.3.0.2 and 5.1.1.47) on the same development machine to support two versions of a client application (the production version and the new version being developed). What's the best way of doing this. I've installed the new version and copied the dll's into a "ThirdPartyAssemblies" directory. I want to replace the 4.0.3.2 assemblies with the new version assemblies in the current version of the application. I tried removing the Syncfusion references and then adding them form the 5.1.1.47 directory. But when I compile, I get several errors, like:

"The type 'Syncfusion.ComponentModel.Disposable' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version=5.102.1.47, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89'."

Yet, the reference for Syncfusion.Shared.Base with that version is already in the project. Please help. Thanks.
-dan

3 Replies

DG Dan Garvin September 5, 2007 03:32 PM UTC

I've opened a Direct-Trac incident. Thanks anyway.
-dan

SR Shankar Ramasubramanian December 14, 2007 08:56 PM UTC

How do you have two different version of syncfusion on the same machine

>I've opened a Direct-Trac incident. Thanks anyway.
-dan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2007 09:22 AM UTC

If you want to use 2 versions for development on the same machine, then you can use the Assembly Manager that ships with each version to swap back and forth. You can access the Assembly Manager for a particular version through the DashBoard that is found from the Syncfusion selection on the Start Menu. The process would be to run the Assembly Manager for the version you are switching to. Then select to first Remove All Versions from the GAC, and then select to install the particular version. The process takes maybe takes a minute to complete.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon