We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to customarily manipulate the diagram

Hi,

our company is thinking about buying your product, I am currently testing it, and I've got some issues with it..

I attached some files that explains it. I just cannot get it to show it the way I want. Is there possibility to do it? I attached the whole project so you can see my code, and the results..

The pictures explains where I want the lines with the arrows go from and to.. It shows how is it now, and how I want it to be..

Then, when I change the layout to LEFT TO RIGHT layout, the diagram doesn't show the data correctly.. And again the lines with the arrows doesn't go the way I want it..

I hope you can help me, so I can really get out of your product as much as it can.. So I can customarily show the diagram exactly how I want it..

In advance - many thanks for your soon answer!

Have a nice day!

Jozef - Willis I/S Denmark

files.zip

12 Replies

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team September 4, 2007 02:03 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for evaluating Syncfusion Products.

As per your requirements, the nodes are connected with orthogonal connector with multiple endpoints. I am currently working on using it with different layout managers present in the diagram control.

Meanwhile, I have a sample prepared for a simple orthogonal connector that is used with a single end point. I will get back to you with full details by tomorrow. Please check the sample and let me know your views.

Regards,
Fahad

Org_Diagram.zip

JZ Jozef Zvada September 5, 2007 07:34 AM UTC

Hi again,

thanks for your reply..

The most important is to get the left-right
layout exactly as we want it, so the battle
is won! :o) Your sample looks pretty good
now, but it is not yet there. I did attach
a picture of how we want it.. The most important here is that the first node starts at top, then the next childnode starts right from the parent, on the same level.. And the same for all other parent-childnodes, exactly as the picture shows it...

The other important thing is to get url-links on the nodes as it is now, but is it also possible to implement the "expand-nodes"-layout together with the url-links in some way?

Thanks, and we're looking forward to your answers. :o)

Have a nice day.
Jozef

how I want it - left right layout.zip

JZ Jozef Zvada September 5, 2007 09:49 AM UTC

Hi,

and another question:
One can set the size of the model with this:
this.DiagramWebControl1.Model.SizeToContent = true;

But how can one set the size of the DiagramWebControl1 to content, that means according the size of the Model in the DiagramWebControl that is set to "SizeToContent"..

The problem is that if I set the size to low, then just a part of the diagram is showed, and if I set it to big, then the scrollbars are showed even if the diagram is small...

By the way, I couldn't really find any documentation for your product, so it's very difficult to develop with you tools. If there was a documentation, would be much easier..

Thank again, hoping for your soon answer, also for the message I sent 1-2 hours ago..

Jozef

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team September 5, 2007 02:24 PM UTC

Hi Jozef,

Thanks for your explicit details about each of your requirements. Here's the list of answers for your queries,

Query 1: Layouting of diagram nodes.

Currently we donot have full support for layouting with multiple end points of OrthogonalConnectors. Only with multiple end points from OrthogonalConnectors we can have the output like you have mentioned.

Thanks for suggesting this valuable feature of "Using LayoutManagers with orthogonal connector fully" to enhance our product. We have logged it as a feature request and notified our development team. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a time frame of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Query 2:To get url-links on the nodes as it is now, but is it also possible to implement the "expand-nodes"-layout together with the url-links in some way?

The Diagram's inner Labels collection is a normal lable collection list. However, you can use the ControlNode to have any kind of control placed inside the node. In this case you can use LinkLabel inside the controlnode. You can have a custom node defined by inheriting the ControlNode and override the draw methods to give the expander look and feel.

Query 3: The size of the Model in the DiagramWebControl that is set to "SizeToContent"..

This property is newly included in our version 5.2. The model can be aligned such that it is sized to fit only the objects rendered on it, thereby eliminating any space around the objects with respect to the edge of the model. This option has to be turned on by enabling the SizeToContent property.

Query 4: Documentation for Syncfusion controls.

Here is the link to the online documentation for diagram.
http://www2.syncfusion.com/ug/Default.aspx##Essential%20Studio.chm/DiagramBase/BoundarySettingsAndObjectArrangementOrder.html

I hope this will helpful for you find more information.

We have a beta version for v5.2 of ES. There is lots of new features added up in this version. There are some preliminary guidelines for using the beta. Please check the below link for details,

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=67624

Or you can wait and get the final version of Essential Studio v5.2 going to be release very soon (mostly by this weekend).

Please let me know if you have any other details.

Regards,
Fahad

JZ Jozef Zvada September 14, 2007 09:56 AM UTC

Hello there,

thanks for your answers, it helped a lot.. :o)

I've got what I wanted, almost, but as you said, the feature I did mention you'll probably implement in the next release, so that are we really looking for.. :o)

But I've got a another problem. Is is with the link of the nodes. If I set
symbol.HREF = "http://www.whitepapes.com/", the link is ok, but if I want something custom like a call of javascript, where 'http' and 'dots' and the rest of the link IS NOT, then the link is not shown, I cannot click on the node.. That's a big problem. Can you please help me with this one?

Thank you very much, have a nice day!

Jozef

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team September 17, 2007 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Jozef,

Thanks for the valuable feedback.

The Node's Tag property saves the html link, which is automatically recognized by the browser as a link. For invoking Javascript functions you need to write custom functions that would wire your click event from the node to the function. This is similar to calling javascript functions from C# code. You can tag the Javascript function by using the following property,

this.DiagramWebControl1.AfterCallbackResponseProcessedScript

This can be used in the node's click event. You can pass on any number of arguments that are necessary in this custom function.

Please let me know if this helps you out.

Regards,
Fahad

JZ Jozef Zvada September 19, 2007 02:51 PM UTC

Hi,

thank for your help...

I'm experiencing another issue with the diagram_renderer.aspx. The thing is that if I load the diagram with some data, and then I change the data, and try to reload the diagram, I'll get the same result, a diagram made out of the old data.. I guess it can be something with the cache or something, but with the diagram_renderer.aspx site... I'll only get the new diagram if I close the browser and load the diagram again.. How can I set the cache expires for the page diagram_renderer.aspx?? Or how do I solve the problem? Thank a lot! :o)

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team September 20, 2007 07:38 AM UTC

Hi Jozef,

Thanks for the valuable feedback.

I guess you are using v5.1.0.51 of ES for evaluating our Diagram.Web product. Since you are evaluating, you can try our new v5.2 of ES launched very recently.

You can download that from the following link,

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/product/default.aspx

The latest version has major advancements, which you can find in the ReleaseNotes after installation. It uses two different HttpHandlers for rendering.

I have a sample created (with reference from v5.2) which modifies the content of the node and retains the data after the page gets refreshed. Please check out the sample from the following link,

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Diagram.Web/5.2.0.25/FlowDiagram/main.htm

1) click on the node.
2) Node's text will appear on the textbox.
3) Change it and click ok.
4) This new data will appear on the node.

Please let me know if this helps you out.

Regards,
Fahad

JZ Jozef Zvada September 28, 2007 01:26 PM UTC

Hi,

I've got another problem with the style of the diagram. The problem is that I can hardcode the color of the nodes, but that's not what we want. We would like to change the color for different customers, using css stylesheets.. How can I do that?

Thanks, have a nice day!

Jozef

JZ Jozef Zvada October 2, 2007 09:15 AM UTC

?

MS Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. Syncfusion Team October 2, 2007 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Jozef,

Sorry for the delay.

We are currently analysing about applying CSS onto diagram nodes. We will update you back in one business day.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Fahad

SS Suresh Sekarean Syncfusion Team October 3, 2007 04:33 PM UTC

Hi Jozef,

The DiagramWebcontrol renders the diagram on the client web browser as HTML, using the IMG element for drawing the diagram. So everything is rendered as an Image.

So Nodes cannot be applied with CSS styles.

Sorry for the inconvenience if any caused.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon