We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Ignore PushButtonClick event for a GridControl if all cells do not pass validation

Hi!

I have specified to some GridControl cells "CellValueType". I also have one "PushButton" cell.

If I enter invalid value in cell, I see an error message "[Entered Value] is no a valid value for [CellValueType]".

If I enter invalid value in a cell and press the "PushButton", the PusshButtonClick event is called.

How to avoid processin of PushButtonClick eventhandler, if all cells do not pass validation ?

Thanks,
Edijs

1 Reply

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team August 30, 2007 12:43 AM UTC

Hi Edijs,

One you can do this by handling the MouseDown event and call CurrentCell.Validate() method to validate PushButton cell in a Grid. Here is a code snippet that shows this task.

void gridControl1_MouseDown(object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
{
GridControl _grid = sender as GridControl;
GridCurrentCell _gCurrentCell = _grid.CurrentCell;
int _irowIndex, _icolIndex;
bool _bisInsideGrid = _grid.PointToRowCol(new Point(e.X, e.Y), out _irowIndex, out _icolIndex);
if (_bisInsideGrid && ( _gCurrentCell.RowIndex != _irowIndex || _gCurrentCell.ColIndex != _icolIndex ) )
{
if (_grid.Model[_irowIndex, _icolIndex].CellType == "PushButton")
{
_gCurrentCell.Validate();
}
}
}

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon