We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Editable grid grouping control

hi,

I have some queries regarding grid grouping control..

1) In my application i when i single click on grid grouping cell then it becomes editable but i want that instead of single click when i double click the cell should be editable..

2) by default all cells are editable in grid grouping control...i want make some cells editable and some non editable.....

3) When i bind "data time" to grid grouping control...it displays date time in editable callender......i don't want to create editable callender...just display the date time in normal cell...

4) in my application my grid gets refreshed after every one second...now when i am editing something the focus of edit cell changes and i am not able to edit my grid...i cannot stop the data reciving at my grid...so kindly help how to edit grid in above situation...

i will be v thankfull if anyone could help me in all my above queries...

3 Replies

RA Rajagopal Syncfusion Team August 28, 2007 12:43 AM UTC

Hi Prabhjeet,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

1. To edit grid cells only on double click, set the below property setting to do this.

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.Options.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior = GridCellActivateAction.DblClickOnCell;

2. To make certain cells not editable or readonly, handle the QueryCellStyleInfo event of the grid and set the readonly to true to the cells you wanted.

3. To just have the datetime information on a datetime cell, then hide the dropdown from showing up by setting the ShowButtons property of the style object for the datetime cells

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["DateTime"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.ShowButtons = GridShowButtons.Hide;

4. To continue editing in a cell when refresh happens on grid, get the EditState of the current key pressed in the TableControlCurrentCellKeyPress and set the EditState for the cell after setting the ControlText for the cell.

Please refer the below sample demonstrates the above features.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F67634/main.htm

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a nice time.
Regards,
Rajagopal

ND Nagaraju Dhulipalla August 20, 2018 11:24 AM UTC

by default all cells are non editable in grid grouping control in my code

How can I make them editable?

AA Arulraj A Syncfusion Team August 21, 2018 08:48 AM UTC

Hi Nagaraju, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

By default, all cells are editable in GridGroupingControl. The GridGroupingControl will be non-editable if you use any of the following settings, 

ReadOnly property 
//Sets read only to whole grid 
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.ReadOnly = true; 

Or 

//Sets read only to the record field cells 
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Appearance.RecordFieldCell.ReadOnly = true; 

BrowseOnly property 
this.gridGroupingControl1.BrowseOnly = true; 

Could you ensure whether you have used any of the above properties? If yes, please set the corresponding property to false”. If still the grid behaves as non-editable, then please share the code you are using with respect to GridGroupingControl. So that we can look into it and provide a prompt solution as early as possible. 

Arulraj A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon