We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

format syncfusion grid grouping control for windows application

I am using custom generic collection class to bind data with datasource of grid grouping control.

List c = new List();
now "CustomClass" have all properties..

to bind data with grid grouping control i am using syntax

this.gridGroupingControl1.DataSource = c;

This binds my grid properly....but i don't want to bind grid directly....because the grid header displays the same name as written in "CustomClass" properties....i want to give differnt header name in grid grouping control (not what i have written in "CustomClass") and for all columns i want to give different column width...and one more thing that how to make autogenerate column= false in grid grouping control

I will be really thankfull if anyone could help me in this...

3 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team August 24, 2007 08:14 PM UTC

Hi Prabhjeet,

Regarding the Column's HeaderText:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You can change the header text of the column by using the GridColumnDescriptor.HeaderText property. Below is a code snippet

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["ColumnName"].HeaderText = "ChangeHeaderText";

GridTableDescriptor td2 = gridGroupingControl1.GetTableDescriptor("Table2");
td2.Columns["Nothing much"].HeaderText = "ChangeHeaderText";

Regarding the Column's width:
To change the individual column width manually, you could try this code snippet:

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["ColumnName"].Width = 175;

//For paticular table.
this.gridGroupingControl1.GetTableDescriptor("TableName").Columns["ColumnName"].Width=50;

Here is a forum thread that discuss with simillar issue.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=54487

Best regards,
Haneef

PR prabhjeet August 25, 2007 02:23 PM UTC

thx a lot haneef....all ur ans were v helpfull....

i will be v thankull if u could also help me i following queries....

1) In my application i when i single click on grid grouping cell then it becomes editable but i want that instead of single click when i double click the cell should be editable..

2) by default all cells are editable in grid grouping control...i want make some cells editable and some non editable.....

3) When i bind "data time" to grid grouping control...it displays date time in editable callender......i don't want to create editable callender...just display the date time in normal cell...

4) in my application my grid gets refreshed after every one second...now when i am editing something the focus of edit cell changes and i am not able to edit my grid...i cannot stop the data reciving at my grid...so kindly help how to edit grid in above situation...

i will be v thankfull if anyone could help me in all my above queries...

>Hi Prabhjeet,

Regarding the Column's HeaderText:
You can change the header text of the column by using the GridColumnDescriptor.HeaderText property. Below is a code snippet

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["ColumnName"].HeaderText = "ChangeHeaderText";

GridTableDescriptor td2 = gridGroupingControl1.GetTableDescriptor("Table2");
td2.Columns["Nothing much"].HeaderText = "ChangeHeaderText";

Regarding the Column's width:
To change the individual column width manually, you could try this code snippet:

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["ColumnName"].Width = 175;

//For paticular table.
this.gridGroupingControl1.GetTableDescriptor("TableName").Columns["ColumnName"].Width=50;

Here is a forum thread that discuss with simillar issue.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=54487

Best regards,
Haneef

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team August 28, 2007 12:44 AM UTC

Hi prabhjeet,

Please refer this.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=67634

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon