We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Error when using custom engine

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

67587 Aug 24,2007 06:54 AM UTC Aug 24,2007 08:29 PM UTC WinForms 1
Tags: GridControl
Vicko Hazdovac
Asked On August 24, 2007 06:54 AM UTC

Hi.. I'm having huge problems when using a custom engine to modify the grid grouping control's appearance.

It all works rather well until I expand the nested table and move my mouse over it or try to scroll. At that moment I get an exception that I just can't figure out. It has something with record count.

I've tried implementing every single GetCount method - basically I invoke the base.GetCount() (visible, record, filtered.. whatever) but the exception is always the same. But whether I do it or not nothing changes.

I've attached the stack trace so maybe you could figure it out.

Please help me - I'm starting to freak out here.

StackTrace.zip

haneefm [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 24, 2007 08:29 PM UTC

Hi Vicko,

Generally, this exception occurs when the invoked method are not implemented in the derived classes. We are not sure about the cause of this issue in this case, please update us more details like your custom engine file or a minimal sample with this issue. It helps us to review the exception and get complete details about the cause of the exception. So, we can suggest you better solution at the earliest.

Here is a KB Article that shows you "How do I efficiently customize the child table/group by using a custom engine?"
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=363

Best regards,
Haneef

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;