We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Diagram and CallbackPanel

Hi,

I have an aspx page containing a diagram (EnableCallbacks = True) and a callback panel (containing a data grid that gets populated according to the node that is clicked in the diagram).
I have set the diagram's AfterCallbackResponseProcessedScript property to a client script function which does the call back of the callback panel (
function fnRefreshPropGrid()
{
CB1.callback(null);
}).
Everything works as it should, however, after the callback, the page has an error of "'__pendingCallbacks[...].async' is null or not an object".
I have tried putting the callback function into the AfterCallbackScript property of the web diagram. The page error mentioned above does not happen then, however, the diagram is not refreshed (i.e. the node selection is not visible, if a node was dragged to a new position, it still appears in the old position etc.).
Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

5 Replies

SD Sarathi D Syncfusion Team August 24, 2007 12:18 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query to us.

We are currently looking into this issue. I will update the status of the issue within one business day.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Sarathi

MO Monica Oberholzer August 30, 2007 07:11 AM UTC

Hi Sarathi - any news yet?

>Hi,

Thank you for posting your query to us.

We are currently looking into this issue. I will update the status of the issue within one business day.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Sarathi

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team September 19, 2007 01:30 PM UTC

Hi Monica,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Issue 1: ('__pendingCallbacks[...].async' is null or not an object")
---------

The issue mentioned here is suspected to be a defect and we have sent this to our development team for more analysis. We will update you once we get back from our development team.

Issue 2: (the diagram is not refreshed)
-------

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. Please refer to the following steps that I tried to reproduce it.

1. Created a sample with AfterCallbackScript
2. But the diagram is refreshed and the nodes are dragged to new position.

Also I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/NetworkModel_923895b.zip

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Thanks,
Melba

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team September 25, 2007 11:18 AM UTC

Hi,

I regret for the delayed response.

The issue 'Error when the callbackpanel is refreshed in AfterCallbackResponseProcessedScript event' has been confirmed as a defect and we have logged a defect report. You can track this defect in the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/diagram/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=6890

To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to follow the incident #37666 in our incident database Direct Trac which has also been updated with the above information.

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

JA Jasper Syncfusion Team October 12, 2007 01:39 PM UTC

Hi Monica,

On further analysis we were able to see that the issue of _pendingCallbacks[...].async is null or not an object
is not a defect. Because there is OnResponseCompeted() function in expander.aspx page, which is called on AfterCallbackResponseProcessedScript

Wrong approach:
function OnResponseCompeted()
{ _sfCallbackPanel1.callback();
alert("Refreshed");
}

Correct approach:
function OnResponseCompeted()
{
alert("Refreshed");
}

AfterCallbackResponseProcessedScript function is raised when callback response had been come. This is the reason why another callback cannot be sent from this function (OnResponseCompeted()).

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jasper

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon