We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

QTP - x, y screen positions

Hi there,

I am using QTP 9.2 on a Syncfusion (4.2.0.37) grid.
When i click on a grid button the application responds (and opens a new form), however QTP does not identify the button click in the automated test script. QTP will only recognise the click as "SetCurrentCell 2,2".
when i run the QTP script the button click is not recognised, therefore the form is not opened.

If i use QTP 9.2 on a PC that does not have Syncfusion installed i get a different automated test script response. When i click on a grid button the application responds (and opens a new form). QTP now recognises the button click and provides the x and y locations e.g. "Click 656,70".
when i run the QTP script the button click is recognised this time and the form is opened.

Is there any way that i can get syncfusion to recognise the button? As a work around i am having to find the x and y locations of the button (using the PC without syncfusion) and then manually write a line of code in QTP to carry out the button click for me.

1 Reply

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team August 29, 2007 03:23 PM UTC

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential TestStudio.

The Essential TestStudio is not supporting QTP9.2. Our development team is working on adding support for this. We will update you once this is included.

The Essential TestStudio written to get the the Essential Grid recogonised in the QTP does not support all the features in QTP9.2. Also, while using the Essential TestStudio, the messages recorded are custom messages, so that will differ from the default QTP record messages. Please refer the documentation and the source files sent with the TestStudio installation for more details.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Nanda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon