We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

lock cell but allow column width and height to be adjustable.

lock cell but allow column width and height to be adjustable. can you do this? thanks.

7 Replies

SD Sarathi D Syncfusion Team August 22, 2007 12:59 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query to us.

The row and column height of a locked cell can be adjusted using the rowheight and column width properties.

I have created a sample based on this and it is available in the following link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/XlsIO.Windows/F67525/main.htm

Please run the sample and let me know if this satisfies your requirement.

Regards,
Sarathi

CB Craig Bart August 27, 2007 07:59 PM UTC

What about from the excel sheet? After it's locked can i adjust row and height from excel? That's what i need to do.

SD Sarathi D Syncfusion Team August 28, 2007 12:54 AM UTC

Hi,

With the current implementation it is not possible to adjust the row and height of a locked cell.

sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Sarathi

AN Anonymous August 28, 2007 03:30 PM UTC

If I understood you correctly, you need to create worksheet that is protected but users can change row height and column widht using MS Excel. This can be done using following code
IWorksheet sheet = book.Worksheets[ 0 ];
ExcelSheetProtection options = ExcelSheetProtection.FormattingColumns | ExcelSheetProtection.FormattingRows | ExcelSheetProtection.UnLockedCells | ExcelSheetProtection.LockedCells;
sheet.Protect( "test", options );

SD Sarathi D Syncfusion Team August 29, 2007 05:35 PM UTC

Hi ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Your code snippet is working fine for resizing the locked cells using Essential XlsIO. Please do let me know if you have any other technical questions or I can be of any other assistance. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you for your continued interest in Syncfusion Products.

Best regards,
Sarathi.

CB Craig Bart September 10, 2007 02:52 PM UTC

Thank you ami!!!

DK DIGVIJAY KUMAR March 17, 2018 02:00 AM UTC

Yes

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon