We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Real Custom Links

Is it possible - and how - to create a real custom link, e.g. a circle- or ellipse-link ?

I have read message:
"Subject: How do I extend the Link types in version 5.1.1.0 ?", http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=63107

But I do not want a line. My custom link should be any 2D figure (custom drawn).

Best Regards
Josef

4 Replies

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team August 13, 2007 01:28 PM UTC

Hello Josef ,

If your intention is to draw some other graphics path for the connector rather than the line shape, you can do this by customizing the Diagram.Base\Src\Nodes\LineBased\Connectors\ConnectorBase class and overrriding the DrawPath() method with the desired code implementation. The ConnectorBase. DrawSegment() method draws the line graphics using the Graphics.DrawLine() method. And you need to implement other desired methods such as MergeNearBridges(),RenderBridge() and etc., with the necessary code implementation in order to achieve your requirement. And you need to create your own custom shape connector class that inherits the custom version of ConnecotrBase class. Referring to the Diagram.Base\Src\Nodes\LineBased\Connectors\ ConnectorBase , LineConnector and OrthogonalConnector classes will give you an idea about how to go about this.

If I have misunderstood your requirement, could you please explain me in detail? So that I can work in depth and try to send a better solution.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Meera.

Syncfusion, Inc.
http://www.syncfusion.com/

JG Josef Gruber August 14, 2007 12:55 PM UTC

Until now I have only implemented the DrawPath() method in my link. It works, but I have problems with the refreshing of my link and some others.

Is it possible to get more hints and examples (MergeNearBridges(),RenderBridge())?

I do not have the source code of your product. Is it possbile to get the source of the LineConnector or OrthogonalConnector class?

Thank you for help
Josef

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team August 16, 2007 01:37 PM UTC

Hello Josef,

At present Essential Diagram don't have any sample that dmeonstrates about drawing link with custom shape. Also could you please send me some image that shows your requirement. So that I can look in detail and will provide an alternate method if any.

And if you have binary version of the Essential Diagram, it is not possible to provide you the source files.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Meera.

Syncfusion, Inc.
http://www.syncfusion.com/

JG Josef Gruber August 23, 2007 12:35 PM UTC

Hello Meera,

I've only overriden the methods DrawPath(Graphics gfx) and DoHandleMoveRelated(IHandle, SizeF).

Until now everything looks fine and I make good progress.

Thank you and Best Regards,
Josef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon