We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Alter persistence algorithm of DockingManager

Hello, There are several reasons why general algorithm of DockingManager state persistance is not acceptable for me: - first, i need to delay layout of dockable and floatable controls. situation: when app starts user receives main MDI window with modal login dialog. when user identifies himself, docking state is loaded and propper controls should be displayed. - second, i need custom serialization algorithm for state storage in database. I cannot extend application serializer, since it is sealed (perfect singleton). Maybe there are guidelines which should be followed or something I should know, before creating custom solution? regards, Ramunas Urbonas

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 25, 2003 09:11 PM UTC

Hi Ramunas, Only the default serialization mechanism set using the DockingManager.PersistState property is tied to the application initialization. This default serialization may be disabled and custom docking states saved/loaded anytime using the DockingManager.LoadDockState/SaveDockState methods. Please refer to the following Tools KB article which talks about this - http://www.syncfusion.com/KB/Tools/Tools_c35c.asp#q535q. Only the default AppStateSerializer initialization uses the IsolatedStorage medium. The AppStateSerializer can be initialized to read/write data to a custom format such as an XML file or an XML stream, the contents of which can be transferred to/from a database. The other Storage mediums supported by this are Binary, Win32 Windows Registry, Binary Format Stream, and XML Format Stream. This approach would involve the creation of a new AppStateSerializer class, initialize it with the appropriate storage information, and pass this instance to the DockingManager’s Read/Write routines. The AppStateSerializer.SerializeMode property and associated enumeration show the available options. There is a Tools KB article on this issue - http://www.syncfusion.com/KB/Tools/Tools_c35c.asp#q536q. Regards, Guru Patwal.

RU Ramunas Urbonas August 26, 2003 11:30 AM UTC

Read entire knowledge base - very fluent and clear. After that I've been able to solve my problem, so I guess I'm writing this just to say Thanks. regards, Ramunas Urbonas

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 26, 2003 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Ramunas, Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Please feel free to get back to us if you have any other concerns. Regards, Guru Patwal.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon