We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Colours in Tab Splitters/Tab Pages

Hello,

Easy ones today; I want to set the colour of the text on TabBarPage tab individually.

TabBarSplitterControls' ForeColor property sets the colour of the text, but for all tabs and for all text, including that in the grid.

TabBarPages' TabBackColour property works on individual tabs but sets the background not the text.

Which property in which class do I set to operate on the text in the individual tab?

----

Seperately, how do I set the background colour of the TabBarSplitterControl as shown down the bottom around the tabs? BackColor just leaves the dull gray default in place for me.

Thanks,
Ben

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2007 10:23 AM UTC

There is not a simple property exposed to do this. The painting of the Text is done is controlled through some sealed static classes and an interface implemented by the TabBar class. It would take some coding to try to control the text property through the existing library code and I am not sure what kinds of problems you might run into as you try to do this. It would be better if we just add a TabBarPage.TextColor property. I will forward this request onto the development team for their consideration. You can create a Direct Trac incident to follow up on this issue and track the status of this request.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2007 10:38 AM UTC

On looking at the code a little further, it looks like we should be able to allow TabBarPage.ForeColor to control the text color on individual tabs. Right now, the text color is coming from parent.ForeColor. Thus every tab gets the parent's ForeColor. So, we should not have to add a new property to expose this functionality.

BF Ben Fraser August 12, 2007 10:53 PM UTC

Hi Clay,

Thanks. I've created a direct track incident for the tab text colour problem.

About setting the background colour of the TabBarSplitterControl; we're using the Office2007 themes in the grid and want to set a colour similar to the theme in the background of the tab splitter. Is it possible to do this?

Cheers,
Ben

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team August 13, 2007 10:33 AM UTC

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

The question you have posted has raised some very significant issues, as this might be a FeatureRequest. We will get back to you within 2 business days with a complete response after due analysis of these issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Jeba.

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team August 14, 2007 09:23 AM UTC

Hi Ben,

The Support for Office 2007 scroll bars has been added in our new code base for TabBarSplitterControl. You can enable them using the following properties:

TabBarSplitterControl.Office2007ScrollBars = true;
TabBarSplitterControl.Office2007ScrollBarsColorScheme = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Office2007ColorScheme.Black;

But this feature will be available in our next version[5.2 version].

Kindly let us know if you need any more information.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon