We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Essential Grid

Hi

I'm evaluating the essential grid to use in a new project. My requirement is to be able to display Rich Text, Image, and grid in the grid. Each cell could be of any of the above mentioned type. The requirement also includes that the cell heights resize to fit the contents. How can this be done ? Thanks for any input.

Sudha

3 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team August 9, 2007 08:43 PM UTC

Hi Sudha,

For RichText Cell:
The RichText Cells browser sample illustrates how you can display and edit RichText in grid cells. This control will allow you to optionally dropdown an editable RichText window where you can modify the RichText in the cell.

...\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\CellTypes\RichTextCells\cs

For Image Cell:
The PictureBox Browser sample will show you how to use a Windows Forms PictureBox control in grid cells.

...\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\CustomCellTypes\PictureBoxCells\

For Grid Cell:
The GridInGrid browser sample shows you how to place a grid inside a cell within a grid. This sample has 3 different grids with covered cells of a larger grid.

...\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\CustomCellTypes\GridInCells\cs

Resize the cell content :

To auto size a particular range of cells, you can use code like:

this.grid.Model.RowHeights.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Table()); //For Rowheight
this.grid.Model.ColWidths.ResizeToFit(GridRangeInfo.Table()); //For RowWidth

Best regards,
Haneef

SR Sudharsini Ravikumar August 10, 2007 06:13 PM UTC

Thanks Haneef. I was able to work with embedded Rich Text and Picture box by using the samples provided. I'm going to try GridInCell.

I have a question regarding GrinInCells. Instead of displaying the actual grid and edit there in place, I would like to show a new form where the grid can be edited with new data and then capture the grid with data as image and then display the image in a Picture box in the parent grid. Is this possible? How do I get the image of grid?

Thanks
Sudha

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team September 4, 2007 04:03 PM UTC

Hi Sudha,

Our apologies for the delay in response.

Here is a sample that shows you "How to capture grid image from the form?" and also place the captured image in a gridcell using static celltype. Please refer to the attached sample for implementation and let me know if this helps.

GridCaputre.zip

Thank you for the interest shown in Essential Grid.

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon