We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Upgrading to v5.1.0.51: Is Admin privileges mandatory now

I have following two issues after upgrading to v5.1.1.51-
1. When I try to run any application under the install folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\5.1.0.51\Infrastructure\Dashboard\db.exe) it shows a "Run As" dialog and upon pressed OK or providing my credentials it fails to run. During installation temporaray admin privileges on my XP machine (SP2) was given to me and it (db.exe) DID run with admin privileges.

2. After install, when I rebuild my existing application it gives "missing assembly reference" error for any syncfusion type. I tried removing all the references and adding again for no gain. Is Admin rights again required to solve this problem?

FYI, with earlier version (4.x), everything was running ok.

4 Replies

SR Shakti Raj August 9, 2007 11:35 AM UTC

Is Admin privileges mandatory now?

SR Shakti Raj August 10, 2007 04:45 AM UTC

No solutions yet.

RA Ramu Syncfusion Team August 14, 2007 02:17 AM UTC

Hi Shakti,

We have replied you in the incident 36548.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Ramu

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team August 14, 2007 03:16 PM UTC

Hi Shakti,

Just a quick follow up note. In order to run most tools (the sample browser and documentation links work even without admin access) that are spawned by the Dashboard you do need admin level access. This is the reason that the Dashboard application requires admin access.

Once installed, in order to do regular development work we do not impose any specific requirements on admin level access.

Best regards,
Daniel

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon