We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

edit control opening very large files

We are trying to use the edit control to open very large xml files (over 200Mb). We get an out of memory exception.
Are there any settings on the control we can apply in order to allow it to open such large files. Ideally using less memory due to some kind of paging etc.

2 Replies

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team August 6, 2007 02:17 PM UTC

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting query to us.

I have loaded the EditControl with a XML file with size more than 80 MB in Version 5.1.1.0. The EditControl loads the file without any issues.

I will test further and let you the details.

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Best Regards,
Jeba.

JS Jeba S Syncfusion Team August 13, 2007 12:03 PM UTC

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The EditControl's performance with parsing large files has improved. It is possible to reduce the time for loading large files by setting

ConvertOnLoad property to false and ParsingMode property to PartialParsingNoFallback.

this.editControl1.ParsingMode = TextParsingMode.PartialParsingNoFallback;
this.editControl1.ConvertOnLoad = false;

I have created a sample and to test the OutofMemoryException issue with a XML file greater than 200MB in size. The sample is available in this link:
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F67212/main.htm

But, I was not able to reproduce the issue. Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,
Jeba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon