We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl export to excel on postback

I'm using the GridGroupingControl and if it's not a postback, I'm retrieving data from the db and binding to the control. Now, I want to export that to excel using your example located here: http://www2.syncfusion.com/ug/Default.aspx##Essential%20Studio.chm/GridWeb/Excel.html

I have a button and I put the above code in the button click event. At this point the data in the GridGroupingControl is no longer bound. Is there a way to export this data to excel without hitting the db again to retrieve the data and bind it again to the GridGroupingControl? Can I somehow save the data in the GridGroupingControl on postback so I can reuse?

1 Reply

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 6, 2007 02:12 PM UTC

Hi Linda,

We have identified this issue of "The data in the GridGroupingControl is not bound" to be a defect and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to create an incident in our incident database Direct Trac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon