We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Preventing edit on grid cell

Hi,

I would like to set certain cells in the grid to be read-only.

I have tried using the GridStyleInfo.ReadOnly property, but while this prevents editing, it still allows the cursor to enter the cell upon double-click. Thus, I am instead canceling the CurrentCellStartEdit event on certain cells to prevent this.

However, I would like to know if there is any alternative property I can use to make a cell read-only (and cursor does not enter cell upon double-click)?

Thanks in advance!

Omar

3 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team August 3, 2007 08:11 PM UTC

Hi Omar,

Try setting the CellType property of the gridcell to "Static" and let me know if this helps.

e.Style.CellType = "Static";

Best regards,
Haneef

OM Omar August 3, 2007 09:07 PM UTC

Hi,

While setting the CellType to Static did work, I can't really do this because I have a formula in my cell and the celltype is already set to FormulaCell.

I assume the only way around this problem then is to create a custom celltype?

Thanks.

Omar

>Hi Omar,

Try setting the CellType property of the gridcell to "Static" and let me know if this helps.

e.Style.CellType = "Static";

Best regards,
Haneef

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team August 6, 2007 11:00 PM UTC

Hi Omar,

You can try setting the style.Enabled property to false in a Grid FormulaCell or you can handle the CurrentCellStartEditing event and set e.Cancel = true.

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon