We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Strange character in font drop down in Word

I've got a standard template, and I do a simple mail merge using DocIO and then get the user to save the file.

For some reason now the font, which I've set as Arial in the demo, has a strange square character after it.

This is causing problems for users with Macs, what's causing the strange box to appear after the font name?

Thanks
Nathan

wrong fonts.zip

6 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 2, 2007 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your interest in Essential DocIO.

Could you please clarify the following?

1) Please let us know if this issue occurs in all systems or in MAC OS alone?

2) If this issue occurs only in MAC OS, then currently we do not provide support for MAC OS. Already we have logged "Mac Word compatibility" as a feature request and notified our development team. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented

3) If this issue occurs in all systems, please provide us the office version, Essential Studio and the standard template you are using in this case so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

ND Nathan Dunn August 2, 2007 11:45 PM UTC

Hi Melba

It only seems to occur on Mac OS, but I think this is because it matches to the exact string in the font drop down, whereas PCs use a "best match"

Why would the component be adding in the weird square box character?

Thanks
Nathan

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 3, 2007 01:18 PM UTC

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for the update.

As I have already mentioned we do not provide support for MAC OS. We have already logged "Mac Word compatibility" as a feature request and notified our development team. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

MR Miguel Romaní April 9, 2008 11:41 AM UTC

Hi, we have got the same problem in office 2003.
The problem is not only the font name but, spaces between letters of the same word seems to be removed, so the document can't be understood.

BP Bhuvaneswari P Syncfusion Team April 11, 2008 04:47 AM UTC

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the update.

We had similar issue previously. But this issue has been fixed in the latest versions.

You can download the latest version from the below forum thread:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=72816

Please try this version and let us know if this issue still exists.

Best Regards,
Bhuvana

RA rajkumar March 17, 2018 09:21 AM UTC

great

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon