We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

parent-child table

Hi

I am using relation descriptor to bind child table to the record.
I am using relation kind as RelationKind.RelatedMasterDetails
when intially grid is displayed parent and child data souce are empty so no records are displayed. if in other window data is entered and the parent and child data source is populated then open window get refresh and grid displays the parent record but child record is not get displayed under the parent record.
is there any way to refresh or reinitialize the relation to display the child table records..?
please help

4 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 30, 2007 03:48 PM UTC

Hi Harshad,

Before starting your updates, try setting grid.Table.TableDirty = true and grid.Table.SummariesDirty = true to see if this will do what you need.

this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.TableDirty = true;
this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.SummariesDirty = true

//Your update .....

this.gridGroupingControl1.Refresh();

Best regards,
Haneef

HA Harshad July 31, 2007 09:02 AM UTC

This all I have done, My problem is i have child table with relation descriptor and first time datasource is empty so there are no records in parent and child data source. but if new record is created and data source is updated then grid displays the parent record with grouping but not able to attach the child table through relation descriptor. this causes problem only for the 1st record..once child table is generated with 1 record then next onwards child table gets updated properly...

HA Harshad August 6, 2007 09:28 AM UTC

Hi,

Any pointer on this. Please help

Thanks

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team August 7, 2007 12:03 AM UTC

Hi Harshad,

I am not sure of what be might be causing this strange behavior without a working sample. I have tested this issue in browser sample with Essentail studio V.4.x/5.x. But i was not able to reproduce the issue. Is it possible for you to upload us a minimal sample or modify the browser sample to reproduce the issue here? This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon