We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Data Grid Add New Default Value

Hi, I have a data bound grid that is using a custom tablestyle. When the User adds a new record to my grid, I need to display a default date value in one of the cells in the addnew line of the grid. ie the add new row of the grid gets focus and a cell in that row automatically getts filled with a date.

1 Reply

TA Todd Armstrong June 16, 2004 04:25 PM UTC

I accomplished this through capturing the Binder.EditModeChanged event. Here''s a small sample, where grid is the databoundgrid and I''m using a typed DataRow to fill in the values. It should get you where you need to go. // In constructor this.grid.Binder.EditModeChanged += new EventHandler(Binder_EditModeChanged); // Event fires this function public void Binder_EditModeChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { if (this.grid.Binder.IsEditing && this.grid.Binder.IsAddNew ) { CurrencyManager cm = (CurrencyManager)this.grid.Binder.BindingContext[this.grid.DataSource, this.grid.DataMember]; if( cm.Position != -1 ) { ContingentUsageSchedDataSet.I_CONTINGENT_USG_EDF_DTLRow row; row = (ContingentUsageSchedDataSet.I_CONTINGENT_USG_EDF_DTLRow)((DataRowView)cm.Current).Row; // RTA Hardcoded per Tom H. email. row.I_INDUSTRY_SUBSEC_ID = 29; row.EDF_1_YEAR_ICUED = 0; row.USG_FRACTION_ICUED = 0; } } }

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon