We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking CommandBar on a Docking Window

In Dundas Toolbox, the docking windows are derived from command bars. Dundas is built from the code found at http://www.datamekanix.com, btw. In this case, the command bars can be docked on the sides of the child docking windows, instead of limiting the bar to docking on the parent sides. In this manner, I can stack some docking windows on the left hand side of my parent, and then have a toolbar to handle MDI children docked to the right of the stacked docking windows (vertically). Would it be possible (and likely) for you to add this functionality? Thanks, Bahri Gungor

1 Reply

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team July 23, 2002 06:31 PM UTC

Hi Bahri, I am sorry, but the design that you have described is just not possible with the Essential Tools DockingWindows/CommandBars framework as the implementation takes explicit steps to avoid this exact situation. This has been done in order to closely conform to the behavior exhibited by the VS.NET IDE which likewise never allows a toolbar to be docked on the inner-side of a docking window. Also, it is doubtful whether we will be adding this capability in the near future as this would require considerable circumvention of the original design. Regards, Prakash Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon