We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ComboBoxAutoComplete control

I see examples of the autocomplete control by itself - but nothing on the ComboBoxAutoComplete control. Does it work - I have added items at design time but it does not autocomplete as I type at runtime. Am I missing a setting?

8 Replies

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 19, 2003 03:03 PM UTC

Hi Autocompletion is a feature enhancement for edit controls and is typically used with edit controls (TextBox controls) or with controls that have an embedded edit control (such as ComboBox controls). Since the .NET framework does not provide any built in support for auto completion in the System.Windows.Forms.TextBox or System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox classes, the Essential Tools AutoComplete class provides an easy way of adding Autocompletion. Check out the sample located at Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Tools\samples\Editors Package\AutoComplete\AutoCompleteDemo which demonstrates how you can add autocompletion to a combobox. Regards, Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 19, 2003 04:42 PM UTC

I aw that demo biut that does NOT demonstrate the "ComboBoxAutoComplete" (as literally in the tools) control. That example demos Combobox with the AutoComplete control

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 21, 2003 02:31 PM UTC

Hi The ComboBoxAutoComplete control currently included in Essential Tools is a preview control to collect feedback and improve it. Any input from customers will be used to fix/enhance the control. Thanks Arun

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team August 22, 2003 07:21 PM UTC

Hi, The ComboBoxAutoComplete control derives from the Windows Forms ComboBox control and uses an AutoComplete control internally to provide the drop down completion as well as the up down navigation of the ComboBox. Please see the attached sample. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

OM Omar September 12, 2003 04:49 AM UTC

Greetings, I tried the attached example. It seems to use an early version of the AutoCompleteComboBox control because it gives an error on the line this.comboBox3.AutoCompleteControl.ChangeDataManagerPosition = true; Can you please provide a more recent example and preferably in VB.NET Thanx > Hi, > > The ComboBoxAutoComplete control derives from the Windows Forms ComboBox control and uses an AutoComplete control internally to provide the drop down completion as well as the up down navigation of the ComboBox. > > Please see the attached sample. > > Thank you for your patience. > > Regards, > > Davis

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team September 12, 2003 11:08 AM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. You are seeing the error because you have a older version of Essential Tools. Please post your version of Essential Tools and I will provide instructions on upgrading to a later version that supports the ChangeDataManagerPosition property. I will also post a VB.NET version of this project within the next few hours. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

OM Omar September 12, 2003 11:46 AM UTC

Greetings, I just purchased Essentials Suite 1.6.1 and I downloaded it 3 days back. If there are any fixes or updates please direct me to where to obtain them. Thanx > Hi, > > Thanks for the feedback. You are seeing the error because you have a older version of Essential Tools. Please post your version of Essential Tools and I will provide instructions on upgrading to a later version that supports the ChangeDataManagerPosition property. > > I will also post a VB.NET version of this project within the next few hours. > > Thank you for your patience. > > Regards, > > Davis

AS Arun Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 12, 2003 07:09 PM UTC

Hi Omar, Thank you for choosing Syncfusion. I have sent you download instructions to Essential Suite 1.6.1.6 via Direct-Trac. Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon