We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Need help getting started...

Struggling just getting started with the basic ASP.NET Grid. Please help with the following:
1. What assembly files do I need to copy to the bin folder for the basic grid?

2. Do I need to copy any other files/folders to my project directory?

3. How do I register the assemblies, like this:
Register Assembly="Syncfusion.Tools.Web" Namespace="Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools" TagPrefix="cc1"

4. Or, do I need to add the version and state the public key as well? If so, where do I get the key?

5. Do I need to add anything to my web.config file?

Thanks,
Ron D

1 Reply

VA Valli Syncfusion Team July 30, 2007 06:44 AM UTC

Hi Ron,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

Here are my replies to your queries.

1. Which assembly files do I need to copy to the bin folder for the basic grid?

To work with Grid you need the following assemblies:

i. Grid.Grouping.Web
ii. Shared.Web
iii. Shared.Base
iv. Grid.Windows
v. Grouping.Base

Once you have installed Essential Studio successfully the assemblies will be available in the following location

i. Installed Drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies
ii. GAC [C:\WINDOWS\assembly]

Could you please check whether you have the assemblies in the above locations? If the assemblies are in the above location it is enough to run your application, there is no need to copy the assemblies to your bin folder.

If the assemblies are not in the above location please copy the assembly which will be in the below specified folder

Installed Drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Installed Version\precompiledassemblies\Installed Version\2.0

to your bin folder.

2. Do I need to copy any other files/folders to my project directory?

There is no need to copy any other files or folders to our project directory.

3. How do I register the assemblies?

i. Once you drag and drop the 'Grid control' the register tags will be placed in your aspx page and the control gets registered.

ii. Instead of dragging and dropping you can directly use the below register tags in your aspx page to register the controls.

<%@ Register Assembly="Syncfusion.Grid.Grouping.Web, Version=5.102.0.51, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" Namespace="Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Grid.Grouping" TagPrefix="sfwg" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Syncfusion.Shared.Web, Version=5.102.0.51, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89"
Namespace="Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Tools" TagPrefix="ssw" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version=5.102.0.51, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89"
Namespace="Syncfusion.Styles" TagPrefix="cc1" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Syncfusion.Grid.Windows, Version=5.102.0.51, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89"
Namespace="Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid" TagPrefix="cc2" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Syncfusion.Grouping.Base, Version=5.102.0.51, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89"
Namespace="Syncfusion.Grouping" TagPrefix="cc3" %>

4. Or, do I need to add the version and state the public key as well? If so, where do I get the key?

While dragging and dropping the control or using the register tag specified above, the public key will be automatically placed in the aspx page.

5. Do I need to add anything to my web config file?

Nothing has to be added in the web.config file.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Valli

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon