We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

using multiple DropDownCalendarControl on a page

I'm using two DropDownCalendarControls, one for start and one for end date. I'm having various problems in IE and Firefox:

IE 6.0
1. I click the first dropdown, choose a date from the calendar. When I click on the second dropdown on the arrow, the menu doesn't open. I have to click in the date area for the menu to open. If I doubleclick the second dd arrow, the calendar opens but doesn't retain the selected date. Going back and forth a few times, I end up getting js error "Stack overflow at line 0". I also eventually get "A script on this page is causing IE to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?"
2. I have other asp:DropDownList controls beneath this. After selecting a DropDownCalendarControl control, the asp:DropDownListcontrol opens and closes. It does not stay open to allow me to select from the dropdown. I have to click somewhere else on the page so get focus off of the DropDownCalendarControl, then the asp:DropDownListcontrol will work.

Firefox 2.0.0.5
1. Cannot get focus off of either of the DropDownCalendarControl even if I click somewhere else on the page so I'm never able to select an asp:DropDownListcontrol
2. There is a vertical black line on the left and the formatting is adding a lot of space between the controls. I am putting this inside a tag so maybe this control needs to be placed within certain html elements.

I'm attaching an example of the ui piece so you can see what is happening.
Thank you,
Linda

synccalenar.zip

5 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 1, 2007 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Linda,

We were able to see the issue of "Issues with multiple DropDownCalendarControl on a page" in both Internet Explorer and Fire Fox that you have mentioned here. We have identified this issue of "Issues with multiple DropDownCalendarControl on a page in Internet Explorer and Fire Fox" to be a defect and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to create an incident in our incident database Direct Trac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Thanks,
Melba

JK James Knowlton August 8, 2011 02:42 PM UTC

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm having a similiar issue with version 9.104.0.20. I've created a user control that includes your DropDownCalendarControl. When I use it on a page by itself everything works as expected. As soon as I add a second control the first stops working. Specifically the first will respond to the dropdown request (i.e. it shows the calendar) but nothing is selectable from the dropdown except the forward/backward buttons, Month and Year dropdowns, however when any of the working portions are clicked the dropdown disappears without changing the date. The second control continues to work correctly. Is this is a known issue related to the previous posters issue? Any known solutions?

Thanks,

James Knowlton

VR Varalakshmi R.S Syncfusion Team August 9, 2011 05:35 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for the update.

We are afraid that we are unable to reproduce the reported issues in v9.1.0.20. The DropDownCalendar control works as expected in your specific version.

We have stopped providing support for IE6 from Essential Studio 2008 Volume 4 - v6.4.0.15. Our latest versions of controls will render perfectly as expected in IE7+ version.

Please refer below link to get the details of the browsers we support:

http://syncfusion.com/products/aspnet/tools#productinfo.

If the issue exists still, could you please modify the attached sample to reproduce the reported issue and share with us? So, that we would investigate more on this and find out the causes of this issue.

Please download the sample from the following link,
F65578-1187248682.zip

Kindly try the sample and let us know the details.

Regards,
Varalakshmi R.S

JK James Knowlton August 25, 2011 10:38 PM UTC

Thanks for the help, I finally tracked down the problem. Your example worked as expected, however once I started fitting it into my page (one property at a time) I was able to reproduce the error. I had an "ClientObjectId" property value set to "DateCal". Once I added that property back into the definition in the user control it bad behavior returned. The name itself doesn't matter, having the "ClientObjectId" set to anything causes the behavior. If you open your example and in the UserControl set the ClientObjectId="Test1" for the first calendar, you will see the behavior in your example also.

Here is the markup for the WebUserControl.aspx object:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="WebUserControl.ascx.cs"
Inherits="WebUserControl" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Syncfusion.Shared.Web" Namespace="Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Shared"
TagPrefix="syncfusion" %>

VR Varalakshmi R.S Syncfusion Team August 29, 2011 06:26 PM UTC

Hi James,

Thanks for the update.

We are afraid that still we are unable to reproduce this issue reported by you. We have tried the code snippet provided by you and the control works fine in our end.

We have also recorded a video to depict this behavior and the video can be downloaded from the following link,
65578-618256321.zip

Could you please refer this and if the issue exists still, please provide some more details like the browser details, product version, screen shots or video which depicts this issue.

Kindly provide the details.

Regards,
Varalakshmi R.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon