We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Combo-box in header to filter data

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

65502 Jul 26,2007 01:29 PM UTC Jul 27,2007 08:42 AM UTC WinForms 3
Tags: GridControl
Lucia Diaconu
Asked On July 26, 2007 01:29 PM UTC

Hi!

I would like to be able to filter data in an unbound grid. For this I'd like to have in each column header a combo-box (in which I could fill in all distinct values of that column).
Selecting a value in a column header's combo-box, I'd like to have only those rows for which the column's value equals the selected value.

Is something like this possible with Syncfusion's grid?

Thanks in advance.

Sarathi D [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 26, 2007 09:49 PM UTC

Hi Lucia,

There is no option for Filtering in unBound Grid. We have this facility in our GridDataBoundGrid and GridGrouping
control. We recommend you to use GridDataBoundGrid or GridGrouping for filtering.

Please refer to the following shipped browser samples below.

For GridDataBoundGrid
\\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1.0.51\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\2.0\DataBound\FilterBarGrid\cs

For GridGrouping
\\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1.0.51\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\FiltersAndExpressions\FilterBar\cs

Regards,
Sarathi

John H
Replied On July 27, 2007 08:22 AM UTC

Hi Sarathim,
sorry for asking on someone elses thread, but you mentioned that column level filtering is available in the GridDataBoundGrid. Since this control inherits from GridControlBaseImp, I was wondering if it was also available in GridControl? We have our own grid that inherits from GridControl, so we would be happy to override anything required to get this functionality. I haven't tried Syncfusion 5 yet, but we do have it if it makes any difference.

Thanks
John

Lucia Diaconu
Replied On July 27, 2007 08:42 AM UTC

Like John, I am interested in having this feature in an unbound grid. Is there any possibility to do it (even with more work from my side ;-) )?

I am currently evaluating the gridControl and I am running out of evaluation time and this feature seems to be a "must" for us.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;