Here is the details on your queries,
1. GridControl has numerous celltypes supported. Please refer to our shipped samples under CellTypes in the browser samples, that has a list of the different cell types that, can be used in the grid.
GridControl is not intended to be bound to any datasource. But, you can use the PopulateValues method to move the data from the datasource to the grid. Refer the following forum thread.http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=29493
To rearrange columns in grid,
Set the gridControl1.ControllerOptions |= GridControllerOptions.DragColumnHeader; or the gridControl1.AllowDragSelectedCols = true; to enable moving columns by click and drag at run time.
To move the cols through code the Model.Cols.MoveRange method can be used.
grid.Model.Cols.MoveRange(from,count,target); //to move more than one col
By default, GridControl does not support sorting as GridDataBoundGrid and GridGroupingControl does, because sorting is being done through the IBindingList sort support of the datasource of the grid.
Please refer to the GridControlSort sample in the browser samples shipped with the product, which will help you to do sorting for the gridcontrol.
2. To programatically insert data in gridgroupingcontrol, use the SetValue method of the record. Below is the code snippet.
Record rec = gridGroupingControl.Table.Records;
rec.SetValue(columnName, "New Value");
3. To insert rows in gridcontrol, use the code below.
// Insert Rows
GridGroupingControl just reflects the contents of the underlying datasource. So, if you want to insert row between any of the rows, then you will have to insert a row to the datasource which will be reflected in the grid.
4. Radiobutton orientation in cell
Set the style.Font.Orientation property for the cell. See code in this sample
6. For the Cell validation please refer the following KB Articlehttp://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=340
Kindly take a look and let me know if you need any further details.