We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GDBC DropDown Cell and Autocomplete behavior

Hello everybody, I have a situation where the user to create a new row in the grid have to select a value from a DropDown Cell (all others cell in that particular row are disabled). Once the user decides the value of the DropDown a new row will be created. I have implemented the creation of the new row once the user select the "final" value from the dropdown (using gridDataBound_CurrentCellCloseDropDown). The issue appears when I start typing in the dropdown and I haven't confirm the changes to the cell, any selected value is saved to the cell before the user closes the dropdown or confirms final value. Is there any way (setting) that allows me to discard selected items because autocomplete, and only accept the "final" value? Thanks, Jose

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 15, 2003 09:32 PM UTC

So, you do not want to see the value displayed in the cell change until the dropdown closes. There is no property setting that will affect this. The simplest way to get this behavior might be to use a dropdown grid, as changes in the grid would not automatically be tied to what is displayed in the cell. But with a dropdown grid, you would not have any autocomplete support.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon