We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems with the Menu

I am having some problems with the Syncfusion menu. Sometimes when I hover over a menu item and then move down over the menu that pops up, it goes away and leads to the appearance that multiple things are selected on the menu.

Also, sometimes the menu stays on screen even when it's lost focus (this is probably slightly related to the last problem).

The menu also will remain down when it is expanded and then a new window comes over it - when the main window again receives focus, the menu stays open even when you hover over different menu items.

All of these errors happen under Firefox.

And sometimes (though with no repeatable pattern - it appears to be random), I get the following error:
ERR: null == m_oPinnedPanels[Menu2_P1] Invoke Debugger?

Once this error shows up, it then appears consistently

5 Replies

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team July 26, 2007 02:26 PM UTC

Hi James,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Could you please provide us with screenshot of the conditions that you have mentioned here, so that it would be a great help to us in analyzing these issues?

Could you also please let us know what version of FireFox browser you are using?

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

JT James Thomas July 26, 2007 10:36 PM UTC

Here's an example of the first error. I don't yet have one with the other, more serious, error.

Also, I'm using the most recent version of FF 2.0

Menu10.zip

JT James Thomas July 30, 2007 04:03 PM UTC

Any word on this? It is a flaw in the menu control that will probably force us to stop using the menu; we must support IE and FF (which has a > 15% penetration factor now, so it is important for most to support) so we need a toolkit that also supports both for all of their products. The menus hanging around you see in the above sample are most definitely tied to FF only - they do not occur in IE.

Thanks,

James

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 1, 2007 12:44 PM UTC

Hi James,

Thank you for the update.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue in Fire Fox. Please refer to the following steps that I tried to reproduce it.

1. Created a sample with menus.
2. Run the sample
3. Hover over a menu item and then move down over the menu that pops up
4. But multiple things are not selected on the menu and also menu does not stay on screen
5. And also did not get the error ERR: null == m_oPinnedPanels[Menu2_P1].

Also I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/5.1.0.51/65348/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Thanks,
Melba

JT James Thomas August 2, 2007 10:17 PM UTC

Certainly - I will have time to try this out next week.

Thanks!

James

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon