We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGroupingControl - Pagesize and Height

I have been able to adjust the pagesize and height at runtime while binding the page. My problem is that the datasource sometimes brings back over 1500 rows. My users want to be able to see all 1500 rows instead of paging. When setting the height and allowing for the pagesize to be the number of rows, the grid is EXTREMELY slow. Is this a limitation?

4 Replies

JA James July 25, 2007 07:48 PM UTC

To clarify, the slowness is during change between selecting a row and transitioning to editing the row. Actual scrolling through all records that filled the grid was fine. The slowness is in editing.

Thanks.

>I have been able to adjust the pagesize and height at runtime while binding the page. My problem is that the datasource sometimes brings back over 1500 rows. My users want to be able to see all 1500 rows instead of paging. When setting the height and allowing for the pagesize to be the number of rows, the grid is EXTREMELY slow. Is this a limitation?

VA Valli Syncfusion Team August 1, 2007 10:11 AM UTC

Hi James,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

I am afraid that the time delay in editing records cannot be reduced while paging is removed and the Grid is binded over 1500 rows.

If you are using the 5.1 version the time delay can be minimized by setting DataSourceCachingMode property to ViewState.

Setting the 'Page Size' property will also increase performance.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Valli

GS Gagan Sharma October 5, 2007 03:38 AM UTC

Hi James,

I am able to get the visual display of going to the next page through Pager Bar but it actually doesnt works. Am I missing something to make it work?

Thanks
Gagan

>I have been able to adjust the pagesize and height at runtime while binding the page. My problem is that the datasource sometimes brings back over 1500 rows. My users want to be able to see all 1500 rows instead of paging. When setting the height and allowing for the pagesize to be the number of rows, the grid is EXTREMELY slow. Is this a limitation?

RS Rajarajeswari S Syncfusion Team December 26, 2007 08:28 AM UTC

Hi Gagan,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

The Pager bar is just to navigate from one page to another. You can add this on to the page in the Design time itself or you can add this through code. This won't require any additional settings. Please refer the video clip from the below link, that shows how it works here:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/pagerbarissue_779ba5c.zip

Please refer the below link to get more details on this:

http://www2.syncfusion.com/ug_61/gridweb/default.html

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Raji

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon