We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Quick way to export to excel?

Is there a way to efficiently export the data from a gridGroupcontrol to an excel sheet along with formatting, grouping(if any), summary rows(if any)..

currently I use
IWorkbook myWB = ExcelUtils.CreateWorkbook(1);
IWorksheet sheet = myWB.Worksheets[0];

GridTableCellStyleInfo si = this.grid.TableModel[row, col];

Then I get each cell and check the si.Formatted text to see if its a $ or a date or a price, etc... The I set the number format(if $) to the excel cell and do a .text = value..

This is very slow as my grid contains 5000 rows with 50-70 columns.. Is there a quick way to export?

3 Replies

RA Rajagopal Syncfusion Team July 26, 2007 02:15 AM UTC

Hi Navaneeth,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

In our latest version (v5.1), we ship a sample called 'Excel Export' with our browser samples, that has these features implemented when exporting the gridgroupingcontrol to excel.

\\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Serialization\Excel Export

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a nice time.
Regards,
Rajagopal

NR Navaneeth Rajkumar July 26, 2007 03:51 PM UTC

I am using 4.4.. Is there a way to achieve this feature in 4.4?

Thanks

RA Rajagopal Syncfusion Team August 2, 2007 06:07 AM UTC

Hi Navaneeth,

We have added these features from our latest version. If you want this in the version 4.4, then you would have to derive the GridExcelConverterControl class and implement the GridToExcel method to add this feature. We will update you with a sample accordingly, that has this feature of exporting the formatting, grouping if any in gridgroupingcontrol to excel.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Rajagopal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon