We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Quick way to export to excel?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

65249 Jul 25,2007 12:04 PM Aug 2,2007 02:07 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: XlsIO
Navaneeth Rajkumar
Asked On July 25, 2007 12:04 PM

Is there a way to efficiently export the data from a gridGroupcontrol to an excel sheet along with formatting, grouping(if any), summary rows(if any)..

currently I use
IWorkbook myWB = ExcelUtils.CreateWorkbook(1);
IWorksheet sheet = myWB.Worksheets[0];

GridTableCellStyleInfo si = this.grid.TableModel[row, col];

Then I get each cell and check the si.Formatted text to see if its a $ or a date or a price, etc... The I set the number format(if $) to the excel cell and do a .text = value..

This is very slow as my grid contains 5000 rows with 50-70 columns.. Is there a quick way to export?

Rajagopal [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 25, 2007 10:15 PM

Hi Navaneeth,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

In our latest version (v5.1), we ship a sample called 'Excel Export' with our browser samples, that has these features implemented when exporting the gridgroupingcontrol to excel.

\\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\5.1\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Serialization\Excel Export

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a nice time.
Regards,
Rajagopal

Navaneeth Rajkumar
Replied On July 26, 2007 11:51 AM

I am using 4.4.. Is there a way to achieve this feature in 4.4?

Thanks

Rajagopal [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 2, 2007 02:07 AM

Hi Navaneeth,

We have added these features from our latest version. If you want this in the version 4.4, then you would have to derive the GridExcelConverterControl class and implement the GridToExcel method to add this feature. We will update you with a sample accordingly, that has this feature of exporting the formatting, grouping if any in gridgroupingcontrol to excel.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Rajagopal

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;