We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Column Disapper while dragging

Hi i'm using GridDataBoundGrid in my application and i faced a problem that when i dragged any column of my grid to the end of the grid it disapper and it did'nt come again untill i'll close the form and again open it. Please suggest me in solving this Problem. As soon as Possible b'cs i need that very urgent.

Thanks in Advance

3 Replies

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 25, 2007 09:52 PM UTC

Hi Gourav,

I am not sure of what be might be causing this strange behavior without a working sample. I have tested this issue in browser sample with Essentail studio V.4.x/5.x. But i was not able to reproduce the issue. Is it possible for you to upload us a minimal sample or modify the browser sample to reproduce the issue here? This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Best regards,
Haneef

GN Gourav Nayyar July 27, 2007 10:52 AM UTC

hi Haneef
i am sending you the sample document just check it. my problem is that when we drag any column to the Last of the Column it disapper and come a blank column . pl'z solve this problem as soon as possible.
you have to drag next to the Last column

Thanks in advance
Gourav

>Hi Gourav,

I am not sure of what be might be causing this strange behavior without a working sample. I have tested this issue in browser sample with Essentail studio V.4.x/5.x. But i was not able to reproduce the issue. Is it possible for you to upload us a minimal sample or modify the browser sample to reproduce the issue here? This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Best regards,
Haneef

GridSample5.zip

RA Rajagopal Syncfusion Team July 27, 2007 04:09 PM UTC

Hi Gourav,

Thanks for your patience.

You could resolve this problem by handling the QueryAllowDragColumnHeader event of the GridDataBoundGrid. Also, set the ResizeColsBehavior to AllowDragOutside, to enable dragging the column separator beyond the parent container. Please try the code below.

// Form_Load
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.ControllerOptions |= GridControllerOptions.DragColumnHeader;
this.gridDataBoundGrid1.ResizeColsBehavior = GridResizeCellsBehavior.AllowDragOutside;

// QueryAllowDragColumnHeader event

void gridDataBoundGrid1_QueryAllowDragColumnHeader(object sender, GridQueryDragColumnHeaderEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Reason == GridQueryDragColumnHeaderReason.MouseUp)
{
if (e.InsertBeforeColumn > this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ColCount)
{
e.AllowDrag = false;
e.Grid.Model.Cols.MoveRange(e.Column, this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ColCount);
}
}
}

Let me know if this helps.

Have a nice time.
Regards,
Rajagopal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile