We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

open, edit, save it back to the server

hello,

i would like to have function like this :

i want to open a doc, then edit and save it locally in my computer, then save it back to the server.

can we do that?

3 Replies

SK Sarath Kumar G Syncfusion Team July 26, 2007 12:19 AM UTC

Hi Oq,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

It is possible to open a document, edit it and save it locally in the computer. Opening an existing document and saving it to the computer locally is achieved by using the following code snippet.

[C#]

document = new WordDocument();

Here is the sample program for your reference.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/DocIO.Windows/F-65121/main.htm

Regarding saving back to the server can you explain the issue in detail which will be more helpful for us to investigate further in this issue.

Regards,
Sarath

OQ oq July 26, 2007 03:04 AM UTC

Lets say i have "word.doc" in the server. I download it, and open it then i save it with the same name in my local.

i edit the doc. Then when I want to save it back to the server,is there any code i might use?

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team July 27, 2007 02:17 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Essential DocIO supports the following with regard to opening and saving of documents.

1. To open the document from disk/stream.
2. Edit the document.
3. To stream output document to the client browser or save to disk or save to stream.
4. Again open from disk/stream.
5. Edit the document.
6. Again stream output document to the client browser, save to disk, save to stream.

Could you please provide us with some more information with regard to save it back to the server and open document from server, so that it would help us to meet your requirement exactly?

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon