We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

custom node / symbol help please

Hi!

I am a long time syncfusion user but just now started working with the diagraming tools for a new project, and let me just say that if I was impressed with syncfusion before, now after having played around with the diagraming tools I am REALLY REALLY impressed with you guys.

Anyway, I have some questions I was hoping someone could help me with.

First, I was wondering if someone could give me some direction on how to design/create a symbol like the employee symbol in the attachment (the little black user icon). I'm not asking how to create the icon, I can probably somehow obtain it from Visio, but what I need to know is how can I create a symbol that in the middle has the employee icon, below the employee icon the user's first and last name, and to the right hand side an optional check box that the user can toggle on and off?

Second, I have managed to create an org chart based on the various samples you guys have provided. I have a method that lays out the nodes using one of your built in layoutmangers. The method looks like:

private void LayoutNodes()
{
if (this._diagram.LayoutManager == null)
{
//this._diagram.LayoutManager = new DirectedTreeLayoutManager(this._diagram.Model, 0, 40, 60);
this._diagram.LayoutManager = new HierarchicLayoutManager(this._diagram.Model, 0, 10, 10);
}

// Temporarily suspend the layoutmanager
this._diagram.LayoutManager.AutoLayout = false;

this._diagram.LayoutManager.Nodes.Clear();
this._diagram.LayoutManager.Nodes.AddRange(this._diagram.Model.Nodes);
this._diagram.LayoutManager.UpdateLayout(null);
this._diagram.Model.SizeToContent = true;

// Temporarily suspend the layoutmanager
//this.diagram.LayoutManager.AutoLayout = this.barItemAutoLayout.Checked;
}

The problem I am having is that the diagram has a substantial amount of empty space to the right and left of the actual content such that I can actually scroll the content out of view by scrolling enough either to the left or to the right. My question is, how can I get rid of all that extra space so that the scrolling is limited to the content only?

Thanks

GA

Doc22.zip

1 Reply

J. J.Nagarajan Syncfusion Team July 25, 2007 11:19 PM UTC

Hi GA,

Thanks for your interest in SYncfusion product. If your intention is to expand/collapse the subnodes when check out the check box of the base node, then please refer to our expander sample. In this sample the child symbols or sub-nodes are shown/hidden by double-clicking the parent symbol. The expanded/collapsed state of the symbol is indicated using +/- entities drawn by the ExpanderSymbol. You can use this technology in the check box's CheckedChanged event. Regarding the empty whitespace issue we are currently analysing this issue. We will update you on or before Monday.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon