We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

CallbackPanel and Window.Status

I have been attempting to refresh the window.status message after callback without any luck. Why I am trying to do, is after a grid is bound via the callbackpanel and the results are displayed, I display an updated text in the status bar. Not using the callbackpanel functionality, and just calling a procedure that does the script, works great. When adding the line of code to the vb callbackrefresh routine, or by adding it to the page_databinding routine, the page just hangs. The "Loading" indicator keeps going, but it just sits there. Is it fighting with the "Refreshing..." status message? Can this be a bug? Having the capability to update this during runtime on callback and not postback would be great.

The script would look something like this in VB....

// Response.Write("")

3 Replies

JA James July 25, 2007 07:33 PM UTC

Ok. The following is my workaround. Instead of setting the window.status in the vb callbackpanel1_callbackrefresh routine, I set it here in javascript. I pulled the value using the ClientSideOnValueChange event and populated a textbox that I hid, and then grabbed that data via the document.getElementById("Text1").value. I tried referencing the "dtpDate" ID, but it always said that it was undefined. Please look into a faster and easier way to accomplish this, as well as possibly being able to do it in the vb routine without hanging the system.

type="text" visible="false"/>

>I have been attempting to refresh the window.status message after callback without any luck. Why I am trying to do, is after a grid is bound via the callbackpanel and the results are displayed, I display an updated text in the status bar. Not using the callbackpanel functionality, and just calling a procedure that does the script, works great. When adding the line of code to the vb callbackrefresh routine, or by adding it to the page_databinding routine, the page just hangs. The "Loading" indicator keeps going, but it just sits there. Is it fighting with the "Refreshing..." status message? Can this be a bug? Having the capability to update this during runtime on callback and not postback would be great.

The script would look something like this in VB....

// Response.Write("")

VA Valli Syncfusion Team August 1, 2007 01:18 PM UTC

Hi James,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Attached is a sample which will help you to change the status text of the window.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/5.1.0.51/Forum-64993/main.htm

In the sample I have used the 'AfterCallbackResponseProcessedScript' to change the window status.

I have placed a DropDownCalendar control inside the Callback panel. When you click the button 'Callback' the 'CallbackPanel1_CallbackRefresh' event get executed which will change the DropDownCalendar control value to Tuesday,January 01,2008. Once completing this event the 'AfterCallbackResponseProcessedScript' will be executed which will help you to change the Window status bar text to 'Refreshed Value of the DropDownCalender: 1/1/2008 12:00:00 AM'.

Please let us know if this helps you.

Regards,
Valli

VA Valli Syncfusion Team August 3, 2007 09:40 AM UTC

Hi James,

I am able to reproduce the problem specified by you.

When you open the link,

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Web/5.1.0.51/Forum-64993/main.htm

directly in our browser[IE7] you couldn't get the status text displayed at the bottom. Whereas the status text gets displayed correctly in IE6.

Could you please do the following

1. Download the folder Callback.zip in the link .

2. Unzip and run the application in your local machine and please let us know if you are able to view the status bar text in both IE6 and IE7 browsers.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Valli

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon