We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Cell Formulas

Can formulas be defined using R1C1 references? Thanks, Greg

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 14, 2003 01:42 PM UTC

If R1C1 means cell A1, then no, not currently. If this is not it, can you give an Excel example of what you mean?

GW Greg Wright August 14, 2003 02:49 PM UTC

> If R1C1 means cell A1, then no, not currently. > > If this is not it, can you give an Excel example of what you mean? > > Yes, R1C1 refers to A1. Are there any plans to implement this type of cell referencing? I have to build a lot of formulas dynamically. In most cases, I would have the row/col indexes of the cell(s) to include in a formula. Being able to use 'R1C1' syntax is obviously much simplier since I already have the indexes. If I can't use 'R1C1', the col index has to be converted into its corresponding Alpha name. Does grid have any method of converting a col index into its Alpha?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 14, 2003 02:53 PM UTC

I am not sure whether we will make this available as an option. We'll have to look into what the impact would be. You can use the static method GridRangeInfo.GetAlphaLabel to convert from a colIndex into a alpha label.

GW Greg Wright August 14, 2003 03:50 PM UTC

Thanks Clay. I realize that if I am the only one requesting it, it would be a lower priority issue. I would be interested to find out if that's something that could be added to the queue of enhancements.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon