We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Charts customization

I would like to offer the user the possibility to customize his/her chart. I found the ShowToolbar property; there are some problems with it:
1. no tooltips for the buttons -> the user has to try a button to be sure what the button does;
2. the Renk menu item from the last toolbar button leads, probably, to an infinite loop (I had to stop the application)
3. What should the Custom menu item from the "Pallette" toolbar button do?

But the main problem is that I would like more customization: rotation of the chart, show/hide legend, add chart labels etc.

Also it would be nice to have an Apply button. Is there some setting to have all this available?

2 Replies

LD Lucia Diaconu July 26, 2007 01:22 PM UTC

Another question:
How could I hide the toolbar when I want to print the chart?

>I would like to offer the user the possibility to customize his/her chart. I found the ShowToolbar property; there are some problems with it:
1. no tooltips for the buttons -> the user has to try a button to be sure what the button does;
2. the Renk menu item from the last toolbar button leads, probably, to an infinite loop (I had to stop the application)

But the main problem is that I would like more customization: rotation of the chart, show/hide legend, add chart labels etc.

Also it would be nice to have an Apply button. Is there some setting to have all this available?

RR Ramya R Syncfusion Team August 1, 2007 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Lucia,

My apologies for the delay in responding to you.

You can display tooltips for each button of the toolbar by using the MouseEnter event of that particular button.

I was not able to reproduce the issue that you have mentioned here. Please have a look at the attached sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it
in that sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

The Custom Menu Item is used to set color provided by us for the ColorModel of the chartcontrol to the ChartSeries.

//Code for ColorModel
Color[] color = new Color[]{Color.FromArgb(255,110,2), Color.FromArgb(41,65,15),Color.FromArgb(185,186,66,30)};
this.chartControl1.Model.ColorModel.CustomColors = color;

4. How could I hide the toolbar when I want to print the chart?

The toolbar cannot be made invisible while printing the Chart using the Print Button of the toolbar. But you can remove this default Print button and add a button to the toolbar and under the click event of that button you can make the toolbar invisible while printing the chart. Kindly refer the btnPrint_Click event in the sample attached.

5. I would like more customization: rotation of the chart, show/hide legend, add chart labels etc.

This can be done by adding our own buttons for each functionality to the toolbar and hiding/showing legend, rotating chart under the click event of that button.
Could you please provide me some more information with regard to point "add chart labels" in this query?

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates all the above,
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Chart.Windows/F64934/main.htm

Please let me whether this helps you.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon