We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem using editing mode

Hi ,
I have a probelem using editing mode of GGC ,
When I click on the row to edit it as template (Text box ) I got the messege NullReferenceException,using the debug mode I realize that in the first bind my GGC.dataSource.count is not null ,but after clicking on the row to select it I found the GGC.dataSource.count even of that my DataSource doesn't changed .
I don't know how to fix this problem ,
below a part of my code:

public class WebForm4 : WebForm1

private void WebForm4_Init(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
try
{
//DataSet51=((DataSet)Session["data"]).Copy();
GridGroupingControl3.DataSource =dataSet11.Copy();
GridGroupingControl3.DataMember = "TABLE";
this.GridGroupingControl3.DataBind();
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
Response.Write(ex.Message);
}

}
the dataSet11 is filled in webForm1
Thank you

Kind Regards,

Yacinus

1 Reply

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team August 1, 2007 02:44 PM UTC

Hi Yacinus,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the exception while editing. Please refer to the following steps that I tried to reproduce it.

1. Created a sample with Grid Grouping control
2. Run the sample
3. Edited a row
4. No Exception

Also I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Testing1_a255aec0.zip

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps and also please provide us the Essential Studio version you are using so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon