We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

System.TypeInitializationException

When i release my project and copy them to another PC the application raise this exception.
"
An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException' occurred in Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.dll

Additional information: The type initializer for 'Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.BarManager' threw an exception.
"
Did anybody ever saw this problem before ? Does the client need to install the syncfution ?

untitled44.zip

2 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 25, 2007 02:50 PM UTC

Hi,

1) Does the client need to install the Syncfusion?
--------------------------------------------

No, the client does not need to install Syncfusion Essential Studio.

a) Could you please check whether all tools dependent assemblies are available on the client machine?

Syncfusion.Core
Syncfusion.Compression.Base
Syncfusion.Grid.Base
Syncfusion.Grid.Windows
Syncfusion.Shared.Base
Syncfusion.Shared.Windows
Syncfusion.Tools.Windows
Syncfusion.Tools.Base

b) And also, please check if the licenses.licx file embedded as a resource in your project? If not please include license file in your application as an embedded resource. This would embed the syncfusion license into the dll. Now Recompile and deploy the application.

Please refer the following KB article for more details to deploy Windows Forms application in client machine.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=40

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Melba

DO DominicLi July 26, 2007 08:58 AM UTC

have fixed this. The problem was that i had copied different versions of Syncfusion assembly to my porject's release folder. thanks for your reply.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon