We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Cell ToolTip

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

645 Jul 18,2002 02:07 PM May 9,2006 02:08 AM Windows Forms 7
Tags: GridControl
Sebastien Lange
Asked On July 18, 2002 02:07 PM

Hi, Is it possible to set a tooltip for a cell? Sebastien

Stefan Hoenig [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 18, 2002 04:09 PM

> Hi, > > Is it possible to set a tooltip for a cell? > > Sebastien Hi Sebastian, I'll prepare a sample for this over the weekend and will post a solution here. Stefan Hoenig

Stefan Hoenig [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 21, 2002 09:32 PM

Attached find a sample. Please note that I only tested it under Windows XP and it uses PInvoke to acces the ToolTip Common Control. The tooltip text for a cell is specified with the GridStyleInfo.Description property. Stefan

Gayathri
Replied On May 4, 2006 06:20 AM

Hi, I am doing the same thing in VB.NET.. The tooltip shows but it is only of junk characters.. any idea of what mistake I could have done?? Thanks in advance.. >Attached find a sample. > >Please note that I only tested it under Windows XP and it uses PInvoke to acces the ToolTip Common Control. > >The tooltip text for a cell is specified with the GridStyleInfo.Description property. > >Stefan

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 4, 2006 06:47 AM

Hi Gayathri, Here is a VB.Net sample. Regards, Calvin.

CellToolTip_VB.zip

Gayathri
Replied On May 8, 2006 04:21 AM

Hi Calvin, I am getting a compilation error saying that Controltooltip is not accessible as it is private in the solution you had given... I am using Syncfusion version 1.6 .. Is that anything to do with it? any other fix for this problem? Thanks.. >Hi Gayathri, > >Here is a VB.Net sample. > >Regards, >Calvin. >

CellToolTip_VB.zip

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 8, 2006 08:37 AM

Here is another sample that just uses a Windows Forms ToopTip object to manage this task. I think techniques should work OK with 1.6, but I did not try it with that version. In later versions, there is a simple GridStyleInfo.CellTipText property you can set for a cell to get a tip.

GridToolTip.zip

Gayathri
Replied On May 9, 2006 02:08 AM

Thanks a ton! It works fine. >Here is another sample that just uses a Windows Forms ToopTip object to manage this task. I think techniques should work OK with 1.6, but I did not try it with that version. In later versions, there is a simple GridStyleInfo.CellTipText property you can set for a cell to get a tip.

GridToolTip.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;