We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Unable to get focus on expanded row

Hi,
If i expand any row in a grid i will display another gridcontol with headers.

Then on mouse click on the newly expnaded grid will not get focus. But if i click second time i get focus.

thanks and regards
Srinivasulu

8 Replies

RA Rajagopal Syncfusion Team July 18, 2007 05:29 PM UTC

Hi Srinivasulu,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

I don't see this problem in the below sample, this works fine.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F64338/main.htm

Let me know if this helps.

Have a nice time.
Regards,
Rajagopal

SV Srinivasulu Venkat July 19, 2007 03:31 PM UTC

Hi,

Attached is the screen shot. Here i have a grid(Main) and if i click on '+' on row will get expanded . Now i am replacing this row with new usercontrol which have top and bottom Grids.
The problem is i am not getting focus(by default) on this new usercontrol(Which have top and bottom grids). If i click once i get the focus.then onwards i get contextmenu on these grids.
Requirement: After clciking on plus(+) i should get focus on new usercontrol

thanks and Regards
Srinivasulu

ExpandedRow.zip

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 19, 2007 07:33 PM UTC

Hi Srinivasulu,

You can try firing a fake click. There is a helper method in Shared that does this for you, Syncfusion.Drawing.ActiveXSnapshot.FakeLeftMouseClick. You could maybe try this in the grid.MouseDown event. You would want to make sure the point is in the grid's corrdinate's system (grid.PointToClient(Control.MousePosition) and pass the grid as the control). Or, you may need to do it in another event.

Please refer this.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?&MessageID=34829

Best regards,
Haneef

SV Srinivasulu Venkat July 19, 2007 10:15 PM UTC

Hi,
Can you send me the example which you tested.

Thanks and regards
Srinivas

HA haneefm Syncfusion Team July 20, 2007 07:55 PM UTC

Hi Srinivasulu,

Thank you for posting your query to us.

I am afraid that i was not able to reproduce the issue in your sample. Also i have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link,.

PushbuttonExpandControlClick.zip

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Best regards,
Haneef

SV Srinivasulu Venkat July 30, 2007 07:44 PM UTC

Hi,
Even in your example, After exapanding the row, at first click on save button, Clcik event is not fired and on second time save button is clicked, the Event is fired.

click event shopuld be fired on first click event itself.

Srinivasulu

SV Srinivasulu Venkat August 8, 2007 07:59 PM UTC

Anybody can help me out on this issue

Thanks and Regards
Srinivas

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team August 10, 2007 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Srinivasulu,

We can make the click event of the Button placed in the user control to be fired on first click by using the Button's PerformClick method in GridControl's CellClick event.

Please refer to the attached sample that illustrates the same.
http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Grid.Windows/F64338/main.htm

Kindly let me know if this helps you.

Best regards,
Golda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon