We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

floating toolstrip

Hi,

Does Syncfusion Studio have a toolstrip control (or anything similar) that the user can drag and reposition with the mouse? Any kind of floating menu would do. Thanks!

8 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 18, 2007 12:52 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Essential Tools.

You can use Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.Bar, so that user can drag and reposition with the mouse. You can achieve this by handling the CommandBar’s DisableFloating and DisableDocking properties.

[c#]

// To float a Bar
private void button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
(this.mainFrameBarManager1.GetCommandBarManager()).GetCommandBarFromBar(this.bar2).DisableFloating = false;
(this.mainFrameBarManager1.GetCommandBarManager()).GetCommandBarFromBar(this.bar2).DisableDocking = true;
}

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F64233/main.htm

Please try running the above sample and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Melba

JO John July 23, 2007 09:01 PM UTC

Hi,

I tried out the sample above (Menus.zip) and I was wondering why BarItem4 and BarItem5 cannot be seen when the sample boots up. Is there a setting I need to change to make them visible on the toolbar?

Also, I'm having trouble making a textbox, combobox, and a button appear on the toolbar. I can see some of the items in the toolbar designer, but I cannot see them on the toolbar itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 24, 2007 02:31 PM UTC

Hi,

We have identified this issue of "BarItems in the toolbar cannot be seen" to be a defect in version 5.1.0.51 and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. To facilitate tracking the progress of the fix, and timely resolution, we request you to create an incident in our incident database Direct Trac. Our development team would be able to determine the fix and alert you with the service pack download details as soon as they are made available.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

JO John July 24, 2007 10:24 PM UTC

Hi Melba,

Thanks for the reply. =) I was wondering one more thing as I'm working with the toolbar. Is it possible to make it push other controls out of the way to make space for itself when it is tring to dock? I have an essential grid that stretches out to the edges of my form and I'd like the toolbar to nudge it out of the way when it tries to dock on the top or the bottom.

And is it possible to make the toolbar not try to dock on the sides? Thanks!

JO John July 24, 2007 10:33 PM UTC

Sorry, one more question, is it possible to add a button control to the toolbar? Thanks!

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 25, 2007 02:43 PM UTC

Hi,

Your direct trac incident 36074 is updated. Please follow this issue in that incident.

Thanks,
Melba

JO John July 27, 2007 12:13 AM UTC

Hi,

I tried both examples, but they seem to keep crashing vs2005 intermittently when I click on the down arrow in the designer.

Also, when I try to add controls to the control bar, they keep stacking on top of each other at runtime.

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 27, 2007 02:47 PM UTC

Hi,

Issue 1:(crashing vs2005 intermittently)
------
I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. Please refer to the following steps that I tried to reproduce it.

1.Run the sample
2.click on the down arrow in the designer
3. No Issue

Here is the video clip for your reference:

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/NoCrash_9c50de58.zip

Please have a look at the above video clip and let me know if I am missing something and also could you please provide us the system configuration so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Issue 2:(add controls to the control bar, they keep stacking on top of each other)
------

I am able to see the issue of controls stacking on top of each other that you have mentioned here on the commandbar. But this can be solved by adding all the controls in a panel and then adding this panel to

commandBar.

[C#]
// Add the controls to this panel
this.panel1.Controls.AddRange(new System.Windows.Forms.Control[]{
this.checkBox1,
this.radioButton1,
this.comboBoxAdv1});

// Create a CommandBar and add a Panel to it
this.commandBar1.Controls.AddRange
(new System.Windows.Forms.Control[] {this.panel1});

Please refer the sample in the below link which illustrates the above.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/64233/main.htm

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon