We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to capture click and double click events?

Hi, How may you capture click and a double click events in the indicator margin (left margin), the line number margin, the user area and the user margin (right margin)? When the events occur I need to know: 1. The margin (indicator/line/textarea/user), 2. The line; and 3. The column where the event occured in order to add a bookmark/toggle a bookmark/custom indicator or perform some other processing. I've looked at the class reference events and none of the event handler prototypes seem to pass any margin/line/column information. Many thanks, Heinrich

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 19, 2003 02:51 PM UTC

Hi Heinrich, All these are handled via the Mouse_Down event handler, although there are no discrepencies as to where the click was made. However, you could add your own logic to determine which area the user clicked in. To determine the line and character clicked, the edit control has the following method which returns an EditLocation: editControl1.GetLineChar(int X, int Y); Please let me know if this is the information you are looking for. Regards, Guru Patwal.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon