We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GroupView Double-click

Hi,

I'm trying to perform an insert operation when the user double-clicks an item in a GroupView that's in a GroupBar. what event can I use to do this. The GroupViewItemSelected event won't work.

3 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 16, 2007 10:37 AM UTC

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query to us.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. The GroupViewItemSelected event works fine. Please refer to the following steps that I tried to reproduce it.

1.Created a sample to perform insert operation when the user selects an item in a GroupView that's in a GroupBar

[c#]

private void groupView1_GroupViewItemSelected(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
GroupViewItem gv = new GroupViewItem();
gv.Text = "four";
this.groupView1.GroupViewItems.Add(gv);

}

2. The item is inserted perfectly when the item is selected.

Also I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/64081/main.htm

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the reproducing steps so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Thanks,
Melba

FZ Frank Zhang July 16, 2007 01:23 PM UTC

Hi,

I guess I didn't phrase my question correctly. What I'm trying to ask is whether there is a double-click event for GroupView? I need an event to be generated when I double-click an item in GroupView, but not when it's only single-clicked.

thanks,

Frank

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team July 17, 2007 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Frank,

Thank you for bringing this feature to our attention.

Thanks for suggesting this valuable feature of "Add double click event for GroupViewItem" to enhance our product. We have logged it as a feature request and notified our development team. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version releases or service pack releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon